• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greenhouse - javax/el/ExpressionFactory - LinkageError

When trying to load Greenhouse c4a1555 in an STS server:
    - STS (2.8.1)
    - (via Run-As, run on server)
    - VMware vFabric tx Server v2.5 + jre: jdk1.6.0_25 + tomcat-7.0.20.B.RELEASE

I get the following error:

org.springframework.web.util.NestedServletExceptio n: Handler processing failed; nested exception is java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: loader (instance of org/apache/catalina/loader/WebappClassLoader) previously initiated loading for a different type with name "javax/el/ExpressionFactory"
    org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet. doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:949)
    org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet. doService(DispatcherServlet.java:827)
    org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.p rocessRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:882)

Adding the following to pom solved the exception problem (info may help someone):

Code:
    		<dependency>
    			<groupId>javax.el</groupId>
    			<artifactId>el-api</artifactId>
    			<version>2.2</version>
    			<scope>provided</scope>			
    		</dependency>

This might be due to files cached in your local m2 repository. I think Oracle modified the pom of the above dependency at some point.

Comment

Thanks t2987. Just downloaded the spring social quickstart and tried to run tomcat plugin under maven and I got the same error. Very considerate of you to post your solution as I'm sure that it saved me a couple of hours.

Comment

Working...
      X