Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web Application access from mobile browser

Hi,

I need your help. Actually I want to create a web application for my project. I want to create that web application using JSF/Spring and deploy on tomcat server.
    That application will be access through desktop/laptop.
    But I want to access that application through all mobile (iphone, android, etc) also.

So could you please help me to create the that type web application which is access from desktop/laptop as well as from mobile also.

Thanks,
    Kushal

From a mobile perspective, Spring can help you detect that the browser is mobile-based and redirect the user to your mobile-optimized portion of your web application.

Now, developing your mobile web application piece is almost all about the visual presentation on small screensizes (320 x 480 or 800 x 400 pixels). In addition to the visual presentation, you have to deal with usability on a touchscreen (you users no longer have a mouse but big fingers trying to tap small buttons). Most developers have adopted HTML5, mobile-specific CSS and JavaScript libraries such as jQueryMobile.

You mentioned JSF, I know that Primefaces (http://www.primefaces.org) has a mobile element to it but have never used it. I am sure that some of the other JSF toolkits are also rolling out mobile material in their frameworks.

Perry Hoekstra

Comment

For smartphones, I would start with a Webkit-based browser and see if that meets your needs.

Perry Hoekstra

Comment

As dutchman_mn suggests, Webkit is a good place to start. Apple iOS, Google Android, Blackberry, and HP WebOS are all using browsers based on Webkit. The only holdout, of course, is Windows Phone 7 which is using some form of IE 8 or 9. For non smart phones, the situation is much more complicated. Standard feature phones have a wide degree of support for HTML, CSS, and JavaScript.

Comment

It's really hard to do such thing with Windows phones. No wonder, people support iPhone and androids more.

Comment

The Mobile Web refers to access to the world wide web, i.e. the use of browser-based Internet services, from a handheld mobile device, such as a smartphone, a feature phone or a tablet computer, connected to a mobile network or other wireless network.

Traditionally, access to the Web has been via fixed-line services on large-screen laptops and desktop computers. However, the Web is becoming more accessible by portable and wireless devices and according to ITU (International Telecommunication Union) with current growth rates, web access by people on the move — via laptops and smart mobile devices – is likely to exceed web access from desktop computers within the next five years.

Comment

jsf/Spring both are lengthy software it may be little bit problem can be occur during installation of these software in your iPhone or android but you can go to your mobile website and find your software for your android and for your android these software i think its not more lengthy comparatively to PC software hmm...

Comment

Working...
              X