Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scanning and mapping [/signin/{providerId}]

Hi Keith,

I am using spring social for a project of mine and is using greenhouse as a reference. Great work by the way. I was just wondering if you can quickly tell me what configuration makes spring scan for the ProviderSignInController. I managed to get Spring to scan all my @Controllers but not the spring provided ones.

Thanks in advance.

Solved it. In my excitement I place the mistakenly placed the configuration class in the wrong package.

Comment

I'm actually having a similar problem. It appears that /signin/{providerId} is not a valid mapping for me even though I have the ProviderSignInController bean and its dependencies configured. Is there anything special needed for the /signin mapping to be setup with the ProviderSignInController?

Below is the error I'm currently receiving ("app" is the mapping for the dispatcher servlet):
      WARNING: No mapping found for HTTP request with URI [/app/signin/twitter] in DispatcherServlet with name 'dispatcher'

This is my ProviderSignInController:
      <bean id="providerSignInController" class="org.springframework.social.connect.signin.w eb.ProviderSignInController">
      <constructor-arg value="${application.secureChannell}://${application.hostname}" />
      <property name="signupUrl" value="/register/create" />
      </bean>

Any ideas?
      Last edited by tleese22; May 22nd, 2011, 11:57 PM.

Comment

I dunno, but you might want to checkout the latest greenhouse code on github and have a look at the Java configuration approach there as an alternative to XML. It works great and is demonstrating the latest as of upcoming Spring Framework 3.1 M2.

Comment

I will take a look at Greenhouse. Previously, I was using spring-social-showcase as an example. Is Greenhouse a better reference?

Comment

Well, Greenhouse is pushing the boundaries with Spring 3.1 development and Java-centric configuration. Spring Social Showcase is building against 3.0.x. Both are good examples, depends on what you are looking for. I'm not sure why ProviderSignInController would be detected in social showcase and not your own application though. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
            X