X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Startup failure

I just got the new source and when I run it, I got the "Context initialization failed" failure on reading "security-oauth-provider.xml" file as shown below. Any help will be appreciated.

ERROR: org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader - Context initialization failed
    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionSt oreException: Unexpected exception parsing XML document from class path resource [com/springsource/greenhouse/config/security/security-oauth-provider.xml]; nested exception is java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefin itionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitio nReader.java:412)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefin itionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionR eader.java:334)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefin itionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionR eader.java:302)

I am seeing the same thing this morning as well. I let Ryan, the lead of Spring Security OAuth, know. I'll see if we can fallback to a milestone release in the meantime of spring-security-oauth.

Keith

Comment

Alright I reverted to Spring Security 3.1.0.RC1 for the time being until the Spring Security / Core incompatibility is sorted out. My understanding is RC2 will be out shortly and OAuth will be upgrading to that.

Keith

Comment

Hi Keith,
        I grabbed a copy of the greenhouse git on 4/19. To understand how greenhouse works I modded it by removing some screens and added a few test screens. Yesterday I tried to compile and the code broke as noted in this thread. I assumed it was my code and burned some cycles until I found this thread.

My question:
        Is there a way to freeze the Maven dependencies to load the state of the universe as it was on 4/19 and choose to upgrade when you are ready? That way if something breaks you know it is due to your code. I’ve been using ANT for years and with ANT I stick everything in my lib directory and choose when I upgrade a dependency so I don’t run into breakage issues due to dependencies auto-updating. What is the best practice for Spring/Maven builds to avoid dependency headaches for production apps?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Well, generally you won't be depending on nightly build snapshots for your releases. Greenhouse's master branch is unique in this respect in that it also acts a driver for new Spring features (so in this way we can be a early adopter of a yet to be released feature, trying those features out and providing feedback). As long as you're depending only on actual releases and not snapshots, you're set of dependencies will remained fixed until you decide to upgrade yourself.

Keith

Comment

Working...
          X