Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hibernate lazy loading fails because of 2 contexts

Hi,

I'm getting Hibernate LazyInitializationException errors when calling a java service from Actionscript. I use two contexts: one for Spring MVC and the other for Flex remoting. The Flex messagehandler succeeds in calling the java service. After that I get the exception.

My java console shows me that the java context retrieves the object and the joined classes without any errors.

If I turn of eager fetching Flex succeeds in retrieving the (detached) object. What am I supposed to do?

Code:
    Hibernate: select contact0_.id as id3_, contact0_.phone as phone3_, contact0_.firstname as firstname3_, contact0_.lastname as lastname3_, contact0_.address_id as address5_3_ from mydb.contact contact0_
    Hibernate: select address0_.id as id0_0_, address0_.streetname as streetname0_0_, address0_.city_id as city5_0_0_, address0_.zip as zip0_0_, address0_.number as number0_0_ from mydb.address address0_ where address0_.id=? query
    > Uiterdijksterweg java console debug: contact has address.streetname joined, Okay, now flex
    1    [tomcat-http--4] ERROR org.hibernate.LazyInitializationException  - failed to lazily initialize a collection of role: com.revised.domain.Address.contacts, no session or session was closed

Solved ... I found Martin Zoldano's blog

http://martinzoldano.blogspot.com/20...exception.html

Thanks Martin !

Comment

Out of curiosity, what version of Spring BlazeDS are you using? This should be handled transparently (with a similar approach to Martin's) in Spring BlazeDS 1.5.0.M2.

Comment

I used the release version (1.0.3.RELEASE).. not the milestone update.. Perhaps I should do that in the future.. Normally I'm not that eager to pick nightly builds

Comment

Originally posted by VortexLWD View Post
          I used the release version (1.0.3.RELEASE).. not the milestone update.. Perhaps I should do that in the future.. Normally I'm not that eager to pick nightly builds
          Understood. RC1 and GA won't be far behind. But if you do get a chance to try the milestone, feedback is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
          X