Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
spring-flex-1.5.xsd not been released alongside sping-core 1.5.0.M2 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spring-flex-1.5.xsd not been released alongside sping-core 1.5.0.M2

Hey,
    Firstly thanks for the new login-command attribute on the <flex:secured> tags in the release of 1.5.0.M2.

Anyway I downloaded the latest spring test drive and see that the spring-flex xsd has been updated from 1.0 to 1.5 but the link is returning a 404. Has this been uploaded yet?

http://www.springframework.org/schem...g-flex-1.0.xsd - WORKS!
    http://www.springframework.org/schem...g-flex-1.5.xsd - BROKEN

I need the latest xsd to use the new features of 1.5.0.M2

Cheers!

No, we generally don't upload the .xsd until at least RC1, at which point it is basically guaranteed not to change. The danger of uploading prior to that is that people will end up with versions cached that may ultimately be incorrect once the final version comes out.

I assume the main problem you're having is with validation inside Eclipse (or some other .xsd aware environment). If you've downloaded the full distribution from http://www.springsource.com/download/community, then it is easy to grab the .xsd from there. It should be located in {distribution-root}/projects/spring-flex-core/src/main/resources/org/springframework/flex/config/xml/spring-flex-1.5.0.xsd, and from there you just need to add it as a manual entry into your Eclipse XML Catalog.

Comment

Great. Thanks for that!

Comment

Jeremy,

Knowingly creating an error (not posting a required xsd), just to prevent a possible future error(need to update cache), doesn't make sense to me. Making everyone reach around our backs to scratch our elbow (digging in to find the 1.5.xsd and register it) is a deterrent to trying your milestone. Isn't the purpose of a Milestone release to get as many people trying it as soon as possible to isolate and identify bugs so they can be fixed before a Release Candidate?

Comment

I have been through this many times with other Spring projects (not to mention version 1.0 of this project). It is a matter of choosing to feel the pain now, or feel he pain later. In my experience, it's been easier to instruct people to configure it manually in Eclipse for the milestones (and they've usually been perfectly fine with doing so since it's pretty simple to do), rather than figuring out how to clear Eclipse's incorrectly cached version later (which has historically been harder to achieve).

Plus, the errors that show up in the XML editor, though annoying, in no way effect the ability to actually run the application, so it is not preventing anyone from trying the milestones.

From my perspective, it's much better to have to deal with these little annoyances in the milestone phase (where it is generally accepted that things such as the tooling not working perfectly out-of-the-box come with the territory of using dev releases) than to have them surprise people in the GA release.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyg484 View Post
            I have been through this many times with other Spring projects (not to mention version 1.0 of this project). It is a matter of choosing to feel the pain now, or feel he pain later. ...
            Plus, the errors that show up in the XML editor, though annoying, in no way effect the ability to actually run the application, so it is not preventing anyone from trying the milestones.
            Experience is valuable, and I see your point. Having written my first program on punched paper tape in 1970, I can't tell you how many times I have tried to explain a reason to someone, when it was mostly my experience saying this is better than that. I probably didn't take as much time as you did here, so thanks, I bow to your experience on this one.

Comment

Working...
            X