Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flex Roo Add-on

Greetings:

I just gave the flex roo add-on another try using STS 2.5.1.RELEASE and the add-on's nightly build.

Because Roo now supports reverse engineering from a db, I got lots of stuff in a grand old hurry, so basically things seem to work quite well.

I have run into a bit of a bump in that several of my database tables are simple maps from one table to another, with a few data fields tacked on. To make things concrete, an example: one table is a map between a player and a team and includes that player's jersey number on that particular team. Simple many-to-many. (The player could be on other teams with other jersey numbers. And of course the tean has other players.)

Rather than give the map items a unique id, I made the PK as the playerId plus the teamId.

Roo reverse engineering correctly generates a nice TeamMembership class whose id is TeamMembershipPK class which consists of the two identifiers of the player and the team.

The Flex Add-on creates the mirrored .as classes. However, the generated forms run into a problem as they seem to assume that the ids are all ints. So when it generates the TeamMembershipForm, there are errors. Specifically comparing teamMembership.id to 0 in the processSave function and assigning it from the value in a text field in the validateAndCommitFunction.

This is NOT a big problem for me because I don;t really use the generated GUI too much but it may hit others.

Thanks for the work on the project,

Ted

My Error

I apologize this was listed as a known deficiency in the 1.0.0.M1 notes.

Ted

Comment

Working...
    X