Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeremyg484 View Post
    Hey guys,

Just now getting around to reviewing this...just scanned it quickly, but it looks great so far, thanks!

Thomas - Can you do me a favor and attach your patch to this Jira?
    https://jira.springsource.org/browse/ROOFLEX-40

I need that before I can officially accept and commit any of your changes.

Also, let me know your last name so I can add you as an @author as needed.
    **UPDATE**

I attached the patch to JIRA bug. Let me know when/if it gets accepted. Thanks!

Sure thing!

I will update this post and private message you once I've attached the patch. Also, my last name is Fowler for the authoring stuff.

Thanks,

Thomas
    Last edited by tbird; Feb 18th, 2011, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Got it, thanks! Reviewing now...I'll update here once a 1.1.1 compatible snapshot is available.

Comment

Got it, thanks! Reviewing now...I'll update here once a 1.1.1 compatible snapshot is available.
        No problem; glad I could help!

Comment

Ok, changes have been merged after doing a bit of cleanup. Still need to review a few more things before I close the ticket completely, but I believe the snapshot build that just completed (specifically this one: http://maven.springframework.org/sna...075648-225.jar) should be in a working state with Roo 1.1.1.

One thing I pulled back out was the change that adds the [Bindable] tag to all of the generated entities. My current feeling is that this is not something we should do (just google "flex bindable performance" to get an idea of why), but I'm open to being convinced in the other direction. Either way though, it should be under a separate Jira issue.

Comment

Excellent, I just finished installing testdrive, so timing is perfect!

Comment

Ok, changes have been merged after doing a bit of cleanup. Still need to review a few more things before I close the ticket completely, but I believe the snapshot build that just completed (specifically this one: http://maven.springframework.org/sna...075648-225.jar) should be in a working state with Roo 1.1.1.

One thing I pulled back out was the change that adds the [Bindable] tag to all of the generated entities. My current feeling is that this is not something we should do (just google "flex bindable performance" to get an idea of why), but I'm open to being convinced in the other direction. Either way though, it should be under a separate Jira issue.
              Hi Jeremy-

Thanks for getting this patch into the build so quickly! I understand your concern about the 'Bindable' metadata. I had included that initially to get rid of the binding warnings in the auto-gen'd MXML. I think a good alternative to declaring the class/object 'Bindable' would be to add a property-specific 'Bindable' metadata with an 'event' attribute for each property in the object. This would at least eliminate most of the auto-gen'd code produced by the 'Bindable' metadata on the class and with that the overhead which comes with it. Let me know your thoughts and thanks again!

Cheers,

Thomas

Comment

I am new to Roo and trying to use roo 1.1.1 with the latest flex addon nightly build with no success. Using STS 2.5.2 i manage to create a project but then STS just hangs building workspace. If i try to create a project without STS and using command line, this is what happens. Am I doing something wrong?

Code:
                Welcome to Spring Roo. For assistance press TAB or type "hint" then hit ENTER.
                roo> project --topLevelPackage com.admir.test
                Created C:\Users\Admir\rootest2\pom.xml
                Created SRC_MAIN_JAVA
                Created SRC_MAIN_RESOURCES
                Created SRC_TEST_JAVA
                Created SRC_TEST_RESOURCES
                Created SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP
                Created SRC_MAIN_RESOURCES\META-INF\spring
                Created SRC_MAIN_FLEX
                Created LIBS
                Undo create LIBS
                Undo create SRC_MAIN_FLEX
                Undo create SRC_MAIN_RESOURCES\META-INF\spring
                Undo create SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP
                Undo create SRC_TEST_RESOURCES
                Undo create SRC_TEST_JAVA
                Undo create SRC_MAIN_RESOURCES
                Undo create SRC_MAIN_JAVA
                Undo create C:\Users\Admir\rootest2\pom.xml
                ConcurrentModificationException at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextEntry(Hash
                Map.java:793)
                com.admir.test roo>
                Thanks

Comment

Not so fast Ollie

Originally posted by MikeOliverAZ View Post
                  Excellent, I just finished installing testdrive, so timing is perfect!
                  Well I downloaded the build snapshot and put the M2 jar in the Spring Roo bundle.

Spring ROO no longer hangs, but now I am getting,

[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
                  [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
                  ----------
                  1) org.springframework.flex:spring-flex-core:jar:1.5.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT

Try downloading the file manually from the project website.

Then, install it using the command:
                  mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.springframework.flex -DartifactId=spring-flex-core -Dversion=1.5.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

Is this in the SNAPSHOT repository, if so the pom that was generated with ROO in STS 2.5.2 doesn't have that in the template as the pom in my project doesn't have the SNAPSHOT repository listed.

Comment

Progress

Well I downloaded the build snapshot and put the M2 jar in the Spring Roo bundle.
                    I found the snapshot repository xml and added it to the pom and got everything I needed, or at least I thought I did as the build errors went away.

I tried to create a project with ROO and here is the roo.log

// Spring Roo 1.1.1.RELEASE [rev 156ccd6] log opened at 2011-02-21 06:40:36
                    project --topLevelPackage com.corent.kangaroo --projectName Kangaroo --java 6
                    // Spring Roo 1.1.1.RELEASE [rev 156ccd6] log closed at 2011-02-21 06:40:43
                    // Spring Roo 1.1.1.RELEASE [rev 156ccd6] log opened at 2011-02-21 06:41:55
                    flex setup
                    entity --class ~.domain.Rsvp
                    field string code --notNull --sizeMin 1 --sizeMax 30
                    field string email --sizeMax 30
                    field number attending --type java.lang.Integer
                    field date confirmed --type java.util.Date
                    flex remoting scaffold --name ~.service.KangarooService
                    flex remoting all --package ~.service

When I tried to run it, I got...

Feb 21, 2011 1:02:09 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher invoke
                    SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet Kangaroo threw exception
                    javax.servlet.ServletException: Circular view path [resourceNotFound]: would dispatch back to the current handler URL [/Kangaroo/resourceNotFound] again. Check your ViewResolver setup! (Hint: This may be the result of an unspecified view, due to default view name generation.)
                    at org.springframework.web.servlet.view.InternalResou rceView.prepareForRendering(InternalResourceView.j ava:292)
                    at org.springframework.web.servlet.view.InternalResou rceView.renderMergedOutputModel(InternalResourceVi ew.java:214)
                    at org.springframework.web.servlet.view.AbstractView. render(AbstractView.java:250)
                    at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet. render(DispatcherServlet.java:1047)
                    at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet. doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:817)
                    at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet. doService(DispatcherServlet.java:719)
                    at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.p rocessRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:644)
                    at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.d oGet(FrameworkServlet.java:549)

I was following http://blog.springsource.com/2009/05/27/roo-part-2/
                    and ch9 of http://static.springsource.org/sprin...html#flexaddon

what did I do wrong?
                    Last edited by MikeOliverAZ; Feb 21st, 2011, 12:32 AM. Reason: removed some garbage for clarity.

Comment

flex setup
                      Hi Mike-

I'm not quite sure about this error, but one thing I might suggest would be to reorder the roo statements you're using. You might try something like this:

Code:
                      flex setup
                      Note that I omitted this statement
                      Code:
                      I did this because the last statement in the reordered version will create this for you. To explain this a bit further, you typically use the 'flex remoting scaffold --name ~.services.SomeService' statement when you don't want to scaffold every domain object in your application (i.e. you only want to scaffold specific objects.) Let me know if this works and if not I'll try to help you further.

Cheers,

Thomas

Comment

I did as you said, no difference still getting the "circular view" error.

So I did a clean install of STS 2.5.2, then did the same ROO script as in the getting started part 2 link above, and it worked fine.

Then I installed the flex addon .225 into fhe roo bundle and did the following ROO script and then Run on Server...

// Spring Roo 1.1.1.RELEASE [rev 156ccd6] log opened at 2011-02-22 11:42:35
                        project --topLevelPackage com.corent.flexwedding --projectName FlexWedding --java 6
                        // Spring Roo 1.1.1.RELEASE [rev 156ccd6] log closed at 2011-02-22 11:42:39
                        // Spring Roo 1.1.1.RELEASE [rev 156ccd6] log opened at 2011-02-22 11:42:43
                        persistence setup --provider HIBERNATE --database HYPERSONIC_PERSISTENT
                        flex setup
                        field string specialRequests --sizeMax 100
                        test integration

The error was ...

SEVERE: Exception Processing ErrorPage[errorCode=404, location=/resourceNotFound]
                        javax.servlet.ServletException: Circular view path [resourceNotFound]: would dispatch back to the current handler URL [/FlexWedding/resourceNotFound] again. Check your ViewResolver setup! (Hint: This may be the result of an unspecified view, due to default view name generation.)
                        at org.springframework.web.servlet.view.InternalResou rceView.prepareForRendering(InternalResourceView.j ava:292)
                        at org.springframework.web.servlet.view.InternalResou rceView.renderMergedOutputModel(InternalResourceVi ew.java:214)
                        at org.springframework.web.servlet.view.AbstractView. render(AbstractView.java:250)

This was an absolute clean 2.5.2 install in a new directory with a new workspace nothing from before. ROO by itself worked fine on the Wedding example, the same ROO Script plus the two flex lines was the same.

Comment

After much hammering

The FlexWebbing application I created with ROO above, now won't run because "Resource out of sync with the filesystem, ...FlexWebbing_scaffold.swf"

About to quit for the day, and hope I will get a clue in the morning when I get up.

Comment

The FlexWebbing application I created with ROO above, now won't run because "Resource out of sync with the filesystem, ...FlexWebbing_scaffold.swf"

About to quit for the day, and hope I will get a clue in the morning when I get up.
                            Hi Mike-

Sorry for just now responding, but did you have any more luck with this today? If not, I was wondering if you could try and run a very small .roo script from the Roo shell for me. If it doesn't work then there's something else we're missing.

So first, download the attached 'flexroo.roo' script somewhere and in the same location create a directory called 'flexroo'. Then, 'cd' into the 'flexroo' dir. and (I'm sure you know this) run the script by typing the following in the Roo shell:

Code:
                            script --file ../flexroo.roo
                            Let me know what your results are and let's see what we find.

Thanks,

Thomas

Comment

Ran it and here are results

Thomas,

Thanks for your assistance.

I downloaded the zip and created a folder and ran it in the folder as suggested.

That folder with the output of the roo script is at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/249163/STS/flexrooProj.zip

A screen shot of the cmd window is attached. It appeared to work as advertised. The resulting pom is attached.

roo.log...

Code:
                              // Spring Roo 1.1.1.RELEASE [rev 156ccd6] log opened at 2011-02-23 06:39:26
                              project --topLevelPackage net.digitalprimates.flex.roo --projectName flexroo --java 6
                              persistence setup --provider HIBERNATE --database HYPERSONIC_IN_MEMORY
                              entity --class ~.domain.SomeEntity --testAutomatically
                              field string --fieldName name --notNull
                              flex setup
                              logging setup --level INFO
                              // script --file ../flexroo.roo
                              exit
                              // Spring Roo 1.1.1.RELEASE [rev 156ccd6] log closed at 2011-02-23 06:43:43
                              Then I did

Code:
                              perform eclipse
                              and imported the project into STS 2.5.2

Then Run on Server...

Code:
                              Feb 23, 2011 7:21:26 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher invoke
                              SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet flexroo threw exception
                              javax.servlet.ServletException: Circular view path [resourceNotFound]: would dispatch back to the current handler URL [/flexroo/resourceNotFound] again. Check your ViewResolver setup! (Hint: This may be the result of an unspecified view, due to default view name generation.)
                              	at org.springframework.web.servlet.view.InternalResourceView.prepareForRendering(InternalResourceView.java:292)
                              	at org.springframework.web.servlet.view.InternalResourceView.renderMergedOutputModel(InternalResourceView.java:214)
                              	at org.springframework.web.servlet.view.AbstractView.render(AbstractView.java:250)
                              	at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.render(DispatcherServlet.java:1047)

I might add that the Flex BlazeDS testDrive is working on that same STS.
                              Last edited by MikeOliverAZ; Feb 22nd, 2011, 06:43 PM. Reason: added comment

Comment

mvn tomcat:run

I also tried running from command line with mvn tomcat:run and it started fine but the error it threw when I hit http://localhost:8080/flexroo was exactly the same circular view error above.
                                Last edited by MikeOliverAZ; Feb 23rd, 2011, 12:40 AM. Reason: corrected sentence.

Comment

Working...
                                X