Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
why <flex:message-broker> tag broke all the URL Handler Mapping Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I see where some of the confusion might be coming from then. In web.xml, were you still trying to use both the extension mappings (i.e., *.html) and the path-based mappings? If that's the case, then I can see how alwaysUseFullPath might be necessary.

There are actually some recent enhancements to MVC (that I worked on) that first landed in the 3.0.4 release that allow you to map your servlet to "/" while still preserving the behavior of the container's JspServlet and default servlet. Basically you just need to include:

Code:
    <mvc:default-servlet-handler />
    and requests for static resources and JSP rendering will still get forwarded correctly when you map the DispatcherServlet to "/".

Further background on that is here:
    http://static.springsource.org/sprin...ervlet-handler

Also, for easiest results, I'd suggest configuring it in conjunction with:

Code:
    <mvc:annotation-driven />
    so that you don't have to manually manage the DefaultAnnotationHandlerMapping, etc.

More info on that here:
    http://static.springsource.org/sprin...otation-driven

This is the approach that Roo-generated apps now use, and the Flex Addon sets up the MessageBroker within the same DispatcherServlet context, so that might be one way to see a complete example of this approach.

Comment

When I encountered this, I found another way to solve this:

I added this to my applicationContext, which restored all my bean handler mappings:

Code:
      	<bean id="beanNameUrlHandlerMapping" class="org.springframework.web.servlet.handler.BeanNameUrlHandlerMapping"/>
      	<bean id="controllerHandlerAdapter" class="org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter"/>

Comment

Working...
      X