X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS 2.5.0.RELEASE + spring-flex.1.5.0.M1 - roo shell hangs

I apologize if this is the incorrect thread for this post (I noticed a similar issue in the Spring Roo thread), but I ran into this issue while trying to follow this guide:

http://static.springsource.org/sprin...tml/#flexaddon

As part of the guide, you are supposed to copy the file:

org.springframework.flex.roo.addon-1.0.0.M1.jar

into the following folder:

roo-1.1.0.RELEASE/bundle

After doing this, any roo command hangs STS indefinitely. Only a force quit will allow me to do anything else. At this point I have to re-install STS to get roo to work again. Deleting the .jar file doesn't bring roo back into a usable state.

I have added my findings to the following jira ticket for roo flex integration:

https://jira.springsource.org/browse/ROOFLEX-25

I have tried this under the following configurations.

Mac OS X 10.6
    STS 2.5.0.RELEASE (Cocoa 64bit)
    spring-flex-1.5.0.M1

Mac OS X 10.6
    STS 2.5.0.RELEASE (Carbon)
    Flex Builder 4 plugin (requires carbon version of STS)
    spring-flex-1.5.0.M1

Both end up in hanging an roo commands after the jar has been copied.

I have been using STS and Roo since M1 and am extremely happy with the RELEASE build =) And from what I can tell on the various forum posts, STS 2.3.3.M1 with Roo 1.1.0.M1 was the last build that spring-flex.1.5.0.M1 worked with. See the versions referenced in this video:

http://blog.springsource.com/2010/07...or-spring-roo/

For now I am going to go back to that release and see if I can get it working and back port my current roo scripts to that version so I can make progress.

Let me know if there is any additional information I can provide (log files etc.) that might help in tracking this down.

This is a show stopper for people using Roo + Flex to try and get Flex/BlazeDS going using the existing documentation >.<

Thanks again for all your hard work on Spring + Roo + Flex, being a recent converter I am really excited to see enterprise java become more coding and less busy work =P

Sincerly,

-rOcK
    Last edited by rockhowse; Nov 7th, 2010, 07:54 PM. Reason: typo in second configuration

Tested on Windows7 64bit. Same issue

Configuration:

Windows 7 64 bit
    Sun JDK 1.6.0_21
    STS 2.5.0.RELEASE
    spring-flex-1.5.0.M1

I just tested this on Windows7 64 bit and got the same issue: after copying over the file:

into the directory:

roo-1.1.0.RELEASE/bundle

ANY roo command (create a new project, type roo> hint, etc.) will lock up STS and only an OS level stop can kill the process (Task manager on windows, kill -9 etc.).

Going to install 2.3.3.M1 with Roo 1.1.0.M1 on my windows machine (wasn't able to find my old 2.3.3.M1 installer for mac) and post the results.

One more thing, I was able to avoid having to re-install STS if I made a copy of the roo-1.1.0.RELEASE folder BEFORE copying the .jar file. After the lockup occurs you can replace the folder with the original copy to get STS back to it's previously happy state.

-rOck
    Last edited by rockhowse; Nov 7th, 2010, 02:38 AM. Reason: Added some minor changes.

Comment

STS 2.3.3.M2 + spring-flex1.5.0.M1 - WORKS!

I wish I could change the title from "WORKS!" to "ALMOST!"

Using STST 2.3.3.M2, it's much closer to working than before, but not quite there.

Environment:

Windows 7 64 bit
      Java 1.6.0_22 32 bit (Flex Builder Plugin needs 32bit JVM!)
      Flex Builder 4 Plug-in
      STS 2.3.3.M2 (32 bit)
      spring-flex-1.5.0.M1

After following the steps outlined in the original post:

1. Copy the file:

2. into the folder:

roo-1.1.0.M2/bundle

I then re-started STS 2.3.3.M1 and the roo shell was NOT locked =)
      I then tried to run the roo command:

roo> script rootunes.roo

And was able to run it without any errors.

But, evidently this didn't complete correctly =(

-rOck
      Last edited by rockhowse; Nov 7th, 2010, 07:37 PM. Reason: Overhauled the message from WORKS to ALMOST

Comment

STS 2.3.3.M2 + spring-flex1.5.0.M1 - ALMOST!

I then proceeded to follow Jeremy's video:

http://blog.springsource.com/2010/07...or-spring-roo/

Exactly instead of trying to run:

roo> script rootunes.roo

Here are my results:

1. Create Roo project

name: rootunes
        top level domain: org.example.rootunes

Right here is where I think the major problem lies. In the video, it looks like roo is invoking mvn eclipse:eclipse command.
        Instead, here is the output from my Maven Console directly after the project was created:

11/7/10 6:22:27 PM CST: Generating sources /rootunes/pom.xml
        11/7/10 6:22:27 PM CST: Adding source folder /rootunes/src/main/java
        11/7/10 6:22:27 PM CST: Adding resource folder /rootunes/src/main/resources
        11/7/10 6:22:27 PM CST: Adding source folder /rootunes/src/test/java
        11/7/10 6:22:27 PM CST: Adding resource folder /rootunes/src/test/resources
        11/7/10 6:22:27 PM CST: Generating sources /rootunes/pom.xml
        11/7/10 6:22:27 PM CST: Refreshing [/rootunes/pom.xml]
        11/7/10 6:22:27 PM CST: [INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
        11/7/10 6:22:27 PM CST: [INFO] Copying 2 resources
        11/7/10 6:22:27 PM CST: Adding source folder /rootunes/src/main/java
        11/7/10 6:22:27 PM CST: Adding resource folder /rootunes/src/main/resources
        11/7/10 6:22:27 PM CST: Adding source folder /rootunes/src/test/java
        11/7/10 6:22:27 PM CST: Adding resource folder /rootunes/src/test/resources
        11/7/10 6:22:30 PM CST: Maven Builder: FULL_BUILD
        11/7/10 6:22:30 PM CST: [INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
        11/7/10 6:22:30 PM CST: [INFO] Copying 2 resources
        11/7/10 6:22:31 PM CST: [INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
        11/7/10 6:22:31 PM CST: [INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
        11/7/10 6:22:31 PM CST: [INFO] Copying 0 resource

2. Again, having only the video to follow, I try the first roo command to set up persistence:

Roo Shell:

roo> persistence setup --provider HIBERNATE --database H2_IN_MEMORY
        Managed SRC_MAIN_RESOURCES\META-INF\spring\applicationContext.xml
        Created SRC_MAIN_RESOURCES\META-INF\persistence.xml
        Created SRC_MAIN_RESOURCES\META-INF\spring\database.properties
        Managed ROOT\pom.xml [Added dependency com.h2database:h2:1.2.138]
        Managed ROOT\pom.xml [Added dependency org.hibernate:hibernate-core:3.5.1-Final]
        Managed ROOT\pom.xml [Added dependency org.hibernate:hibernate-entitymanager:3.5.1-Final]
        Managed ROOT\pom.xml [Added dependency org.hibernate.javax.persistence:hibernate-jpa-2.0-api:1.0.0.Final]
        Managed ROOT\pom.xml [Added dependency org.hibernate:hibernate-validator:4.0.2.GA]
        Managed ROOT\pom.xml [Added dependency javax.validation:validation-api:1.0.0.GA]
        Managed ROOT\pom.xml [Added dependency cglib:cglib-nodep:2.2]
        Managed ROOT\pom.xml [Added dependency javax.transaction:jta:1.1]
        Managed ROOT\pom.xml [Added dependency org.springframework:spring-jdbc:${spring.version}]
        Managed ROOT\pom.xml [Added dependency org.springframework:spring-orm:${spring.version}]
        Managed ROOT\pom.xml [Added dependency commons-pool:commons-pool:1.5.4]
        Managed ROOT\pom.xml [Added dependency commons-dbcp:commons-dbcp:1.3]
        Managed ROOT\pom.xml

Maven Console:

11/7/10 6:28:10 PM CST: Refreshing [/rootunes/pom.xml]
        11/7/10 6:28:11 PM CST: Maven Builder: AUTO_BUILD
        11/7/10 6:28:11 PM CST: [INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
        11/7/10 6:28:11 PM CST: [INFO] Copying 3 resources
        11/7/10 6:28:11 PM CST: [INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
        11/7/10 6:28:11 PM CST: [INFO] Copying 0 resource

This appears to run correctly and mirrors what is shown in the video.

3. The second roo command used is "flex setup". Here are the results from running that command:

Roo Shell:

roo> flex setup
        Created SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP\WEB-INF\flex
        Created SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP\WEB-INF\flex\services-config.xml
        Created SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP\WEB-INF\spring
        Created SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP\WEB-INF\spring\flex-config.xml
        Created SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP\WEB-INF\spring\webmvc-config.xml
        Created SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP\WEB-INF\web.xml
        Created SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP\WEB-INF\urlrewrite.xml
        Managed SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP\WEB-INF\web.xml
        Managed ROOT\pom.xml [Added dependency org.springframework:spring-web:${spring.version}]
        Managed ROOT\pom.xml [Added dependency org.springframework:spring-webmvc:${spring.version}]
        Managed ROOT\pom.xml [Added dependency org.springframework.webflow:spring-js:2.0.8.RELEASE]
        Managed ROOT\pom.xml [Added dependency commons-digester:commons-digester:2.0]
        Managed ROOT\pom.xml [Added dependency commons-fileupload:commons-fileupload:1.2.1]
        Managed ROOT\pom.xml [Added dependency org.tuckey:urlrewritefilter:3.1.0]
        Managed ROOT\pom.xml [Added dependency javax.servlet:jstl:1.2]
        Managed ROOT\pom.xml [Added dependency javax.el:el-api:1.0]
        Managed ROOT\pom.xml [Added dependency joda-time:joda-time:1.6]
        Managed ROOT\pom.xml
        Managed SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP\WEB-INF\spring\webmvc-config.xml
        Managed SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP\WEB-INF\urlrewrite.xml
        Managed ROOT\pom.xml [Added dependency com.adobe.flex.framework:flex-framework:4.0.0.14159]
        Managed ROOT\pom.xml [Added dependency org.springframework.flex:spring-flex-core:1.5.0.M1]
        Managed ROOT\pom.xml [Added dependency org.springframework.flex.roo.addon:org.springframe work.flex.roo.annotations:1.0.0.M1]
        Managed ROOT\pom.xml
        Created ROOT\.flexProperties
        Created ROOT\.actionScriptProperties
        Created ROOT\src\main\flex\rootunes_scaffold.mxml
        Created SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP\rootunes_scaffold.html

At this point in the video, Jeremy's roo shell contains a TON more files being managed. Here is what his roo console shows that my roo console did not:

Created SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP/osmf_flex.4.0.0.13495.swf
        Created SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP/playerProductInstall.swf
        Created SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP/textLayout_1.0.0.595.swf
        Created SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP/sparkskins_4.0.0.14159.swf
        Created SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP/framework_4.0.0.14159.swf
        Created SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP/spark_4.0.0.14159.swf
        Created SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP/swfobject.js
        Created SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP/rpc_4.0.0.14159.swf
        Created SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP/history
        Created SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP/history/history.js
        Created SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP/historyFrame.html
        Created SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP/history.css
        Created ROOT/html-template
        Created ROOT/html-template/swfobject.js
        Created ROOT/html-template/index.template.html
        Created ROOT/html-template/playerProductInstall.swf
        Created ROOT/html-template/history
        Created ROOT/html-template/history/history.js
        Created ROOT/html-template/historyFrame.html
        Created ROOT/html-template/history.css

These appear to be the base Flex html-template files.

At this point, there are enough differences between STS 2.3.3.M2 and the video using STS 2.3.3.M1 that I am just going to throw in the towel on the flex roo addon for the moment and try to configure flex spring integration using a more manual method.

You can't download STS 2.3.3.M1 any more so trying to get this demo working as shown in the video is impossible. It appears people have been getting it to work using various mvn commands directly on the command line outside of eclipse and by hand editing files to remove /app URL mappings, but even they say it's spotty.

It appears that Jeremy and crew are back on the Spring BlazeDS Integration and Spring Flex Roo addon space again according to his sticky. So hopefully we get a version of spring-flex-1.5.0.XX that works with a currently downloadable version of STS (either 2.3.2.M2.RELEASE or 2.5.0.RELEASE) as easily as was showcased in the video using STS 2.3.3.M1 + Roo 1.1.0.M1.

-rOCk
        Last edited by rockhowse; Nov 7th, 2010, 07:56 PM.

Comment

The 1.0.0.M1 version of the Flex Addon is only compatible with Roo 1.1.0.M1 (they changed some of the APIs we're using in 1.1.0.M2 and onwards), hence all the problems you're encountering. We're working on getting things compatible again now that Roo 1.1.0 has gone GA and things are stable. At the very least, things should be compatible with Roo 1.1.0 GA in the nightly snapshots by the end of this week. I will announce in the forums when that is the case, for those that don't mind living on the edge with snapshot builds. My hope is to get M2 of the addon released about a month from now.

Comment

Thanks!

Awesome! Thanks for addressing this so quickly =) I am currently in the process of configuring the BlazeDS integration manually. I will keep an eye out for the nightly and update this post as soon as I can get something working.

Comment

Yes, thansk for looking into it. I'm interested in get it working as well. tried STS 2.5 with both roo 1.1.0.release and 1.1.0.M1 and both hang. I'm trying to see the differences between roo flex and the STS myeclipse spring flex generation.

Gerard

Comment

Any movement on this...

Nightly builds do not yet seem to have addressed the issue...

Comment

I haven't heard/seen anything yet =(

I haven't seen that the Flex Roo 1.5.0.M1 works with anything other than Roo 1.1.0.M1 as of yet. This is a REALLY BIG issue for anyone just starting out trying to use it, because you can't download any version of STS that actually works with 1.5.0.M1 as showcased in the sweet 2 part youtube video set Jeremy put together. In fact, if you try to use it as shown, it will blow up your STS and make it completely unresponsive (Force Quit is the only way to stop it).

Until this is resolved, I am making due by using the "json all" roo command which exposes REST calls as JSON using the (confusingly named =P) flexJson parser =P (it has nothing to do with Adobe Flex =P). The resulting JSON is easily usable as a Flex Builder 4 HTTP based data service. I have had to modify the roo generated code because the default JSON implementation only returns JSON data if the HTTP request contains the accept:application/json header, which you can't specify using the Flex 4 data services GUI based tool (however you can manually add it in the actionscript that is autogenerated). Basically we removed the 'headers = "Accept=application/json"' from the default @RequestMapping annotation.

That being said, until I see some sticky saying: "spring flex 1.5.0.XX has been successfully tested to work with STS 2.5.X.RELEASE running on roo.1.1.X.RELEASE" I am steering clear of it. I have already spent a weekend on it already to no avail.

So close, yet so far =( I wish I knew more about OSGI and spring roo addons so I might assist in getting it jump started. Spring and Flex are both amazing frameworks and the mating of them shall bear beautiful offspring as the addon matures and can build against a non-moving target (roo-1.1.0.RELEASE).

-rOcK
                  Last edited by rockhowse; Nov 17th, 2010, 02:28 AM. Reason: small typo

Comment

Looks like it's moving ahead

If you want to vote/watch this issue check it out here:

https://jira.springsource.org/browse/ROOFLEX-27

From what it looks like, the differences in Spring roo between 1.1.0.M1 and 1.1.0.RELEASE were substantial and it might take them a bit to make sure the addon works with the APIS available in roo.1.1.0.RELEASE.

Thanks for staying on top of it Jeremy and all the devs working on the spring/roo flex integration =)

-rOcK

Comment

I believe I've now fixed everything with today's snapshot build (which you can grab here: http://s3browse.springsource.com/bro...UILD-SNAPSHOT/). Need to do a little more testing tomorrow before I consider the issue completely resolved, but so far so good...been testing successfully against Roo 1.1.0.RELEASE and STS 2.5.1.

Comment

Thanks a bunch Jeremy! I'll see if we can take a shot at running it tomorrow with the nightly as this would make our lives much easier If we do try it tomorrow, I'll try and give you an update as to the success/failure of it.

Cheers!

Comment

Project built and compiling using STS 2.5.1 + nightly

Awesome! The nightly build Jeremy linked appears to be working. I am able to run through the youtube videos with no errors!

The major issue of having it lock up STS is resolved, however there are still a few issues that people might run into:

1. If your pom.xml is giving you a dependency error on the spring-roo.anotations.jar add the nightly repository to your pom.xml manually as mentioned here:

http://forum.springsource.org/showthread.php?t=77454

2. The flex interface loads once you navigate to:

http://localhost:8080/rootunes/rootunes_scaffold.html

And I am able to see both the Artist and Album entities listed, but clicking on them doesn't bring up the list editors as shown in the videos.

To replicate create a new roo project called "rootunes", give it the top level domain of "org.sample.rootunes" and run the following roo script:

(same commands and order as shown in the video)

persistence setup --provider HIBERNATE --database H2_IN_MEMORY
                          flex setup
                          entity --class ~.domain.Artist
                          field string --fieldName name --notNull
                          flex remoting all --package ~.service

field number --type java.lang.Integer --fieldName numberOfMembers --notNull --min 1
                          field string --fieldName homeCity

entity --class ~.domain.Album
                          field string --fieldName title --notNull
                          field date --type java.util.Date --fieldName releaseDate
                          field reference --type ~.domain.Artist --fieldName artist

flex remoting scaffold --name ~.service.AlbumService

The one difference between the video and the STS 2.5.1 implementation I am using is that I am deploying the App directly to the included tc Server Developer Edition 2.1 instead of Tomcat 2.0.28 because the current version of STS 2.5.1 doesn't have Tomcat as an available server by default.

See the next post for the full roo output.

It's almost as if it's generating the .mxml (Flex source) but never compiling it to the resulting .swf files (?) I think it's because my project isn't set up as a "flex project". I have installed the Flex Builder 4 Plugin and can create and compile other Flex based project.

Complete Environment:

Mac OS X 10.6
                          STS 2.5.1.RELEASE.carbon
                          Flex Builder Plugin 4
                          SpringSource tc Server Developer Edition 2.1

Awesome Job on this Jeremy! This gets the newbies like me much closer to the end game.

-rOcK

Comment

Here is the complete Roo output after running the roo script above:

____ ____ ____
                            / __ \/ __ \/ __ \
                            / /_/ / / / / / / /
                            / _, _/ /_/ / /_/ /
                            /_/ |_|\____/\____/ 1.1.0.RELEASE [rev 793f2b0]

Welcome to Spring Roo. For assistance press CTRL+SPACE or type "hint" then hit ENTER.
                            roo> script /Users/nrock/Documents/workspace-sts-2.5.1.RELEASE.carbon.flex/Mob/rootunes.roo
                            persistence setup --provider HIBERNATE --database H2_IN_MEMORY
                            Managed SRC_MAIN_RESOURCES/META-INF/spring/applicationContext.xml
                            Created SRC_MAIN_RESOURCES/META-INF/persistence.xml
                            Created SRC_MAIN_RESOURCES/META-INF/spring/database.properties
                            Managed ROOT/pom.xml [Added dependency com.h2database:h2:1.2.144]
                            Managed ROOT/pom.xml [Added dependency org.hibernate:hibernate-core:3.5.5-Final]
                            Managed ROOT/pom.xml [Added dependency org.hibernate:hibernate-entitymanager:3.5.5-Final]
                            Managed ROOT/pom.xml [Added dependency org.hibernate.javax.persistence:hibernate-jpa-2.0-api:1.0.0.Final]
                            Managed ROOT/pom.xml [Added dependency org.hibernate:hibernate-validator:4.1.0.Final]
                            Managed ROOT/pom.xml [Added dependency javax.validation:validation-api:1.0.0.GA]
                            Managed ROOT/pom.xml [Added dependency cglib:cglib-nodep:2.2]
                            Managed ROOT/pom.xml [Added dependency javax.transaction:jta:1.1]
                            Managed ROOT/pom.xml [Added dependency org.springframework:spring-jdbc:${spring.version}]
                            Managed ROOT/pom.xml [Added dependency org.springframework:spring-orm:${spring.version}]
                            Managed ROOT/pom.xml [Added dependency commons-pool:commons-pool:1.5.4]
                            Managed ROOT/pom.xml [Added dependency commons-dbcp:commons-dbcp:1.3]
                            Managed ROOT/pom.xml
                            roo> Created SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP/WEB-INF/flex
                            Created SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP/WEB-INF/flex/services-config.xml
                            Created SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP/WEB-INF/spring
                            Created SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP/WEB-INF/spring/flex-config.xml
                            Created SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP/WEB-INF/spring/webmvc-config.xml
                            Created SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP/WEB-INF/web.xml
                            Managed SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP/WEB-INF/web.xml
                            Managed ROOT/pom.xml [Added dependency org.springframework:spring-web:${spring.version}]
                            Managed ROOT/pom.xml [Added dependency org.springframework:spring-webmvc:${spring.version}]
                            Managed ROOT/pom.xml [Added dependency org.springframework.webflow:spring-js-resources:2.2.0.RELEASE]
                            Managed ROOT/pom.xml [Added dependency commons-digester:commons-digester:2.0]
                            Managed ROOT/pom.xml [Added dependency commons-fileupload:commons-fileupload:1.2.1]
                            Managed ROOT/pom.xml [Added dependency javax.servlet:jstl:1.2]
                            Managed ROOT/pom.xml [Added dependency javax.el:el-api:1.0]
                            Managed ROOT/pom.xml [Added dependency joda-time:joda-time:1.6]
                            Managed ROOT/pom.xml [Added dependency javax.servlet.jsp:jsp-api:2.1]
                            Managed ROOT/pom.xml
                            Managed SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP/WEB-INF/spring/webmvc-config.xml
                            Managed ROOT/pom.xml [Added dependency com.adobe.flex.framework:flex-framework:4.0.0.14159]
                            Managed ROOT/pom.xml [Added dependency org.springframework.flex:spring-flex-core:1.5.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT]
                            Managed ROOT/pom.xml [Added dependency org.springframework.flex.roo.addon:org.springframe work.flex.roo.annotations:1.0.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT]
                            Managed ROOT/pom.xml
                            Created ROOT/.flexProperties
                            Created ROOT/.actionScriptProperties
                            Created ROOT/src/main/flex/rootunes_scaffold.mxml
                            Created SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP/rootunes_scaffold.html
                            Created SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP/osmf_flex.4.0.0.13495.swf
                            Created SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP/playerProductInstall.swf
                            Created SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP/sparkskins_4.0.0.14159.swf
                            Created SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP/textLayout_1.0.0.595.swf
                            Created SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP/framework_4.0.0.14159.swf
                            Created SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP/swfobject.js
                            Created SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP/spark_4.0.0.14159.swf
                            Created SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP/rpc_4.0.0.14159.swf
                            Created SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP/history
                            Created SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP/history/history.css
                            Created SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP/history/historyFrame.html
                            Created SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP/history/history.js
                            Created ROOT/html-template
                            Created ROOT/html-template/index.template.html
                            Created ROOT/html-template/playerProductInstall.swf
                            Created ROOT/html-template/swfobject.js
                            Created ROOT/html-template/history
                            Created ROOT/html-template/history/history.css
                            Created ROOT/html-template/history/historyFrame.html
                            Created ROOT/html-template/history/history.js
                            Created ROOT/src/main/flex/rootunes_scaffold-config.xml
                            roo> Created SRC_MAIN_JAVA/org/example/rootunes/domain
                            Created SRC_MAIN_JAVA/org/example/rootunes/domain/Artist.java
                            Created SRC_MAIN_JAVA/org/example/rootunes/domain/Artist_Roo_Configurable.aj
                            Created SRC_MAIN_JAVA/org/example/rootunes/domain/Artist_Roo_Entity.aj
                            Created SRC_MAIN_JAVA/org/example/rootunes/domain/Artist_Roo_ToString.aj
                            ~.domain.Artist roo> Managed SRC_MAIN_JAVA/org/example/rootunes/domain/Artist.java
                            Created SRC_MAIN_JAVA/org/example/rootunes/domain/Artist_Roo_JavaBean.aj
                            Managed SRC_MAIN_JAVA/org/example/rootunes/domain/Artist_Roo_ToString.aj
                            ~.domain.Artist roo> Created SRC_MAIN_JAVA/org/example/rootunes/service
                            Created SRC_MAIN_JAVA/org/example/rootunes/service/ArtistService.java
                            Created ROOT/src/main/flex/org/example/rootunes/domain
                            Created ROOT/src/main/flex/org/example/rootunes/domain/Artist.as
                            Created SRC_MAIN_JAVA/org/example/rootunes/service/ArtistService_Roo_Service.aj
                            Managed ROOT/src/main/flex/rootunes_scaffold.mxml
                            Managed ROOT/src/main/flex/rootunes_scaffold-config.xml
                            Created ROOT/src/main/flex/org/example/rootunes/presentation/artist
                            Created ROOT/src/main/flex/org/example/rootunes/presentation/artist/ArtistEvent.as
                            Created ROOT/src/main/flex/org/example/rootunes/presentation/artist/ArtistView.mxml
                            Created ROOT/src/main/flex/org/example/rootunes/presentation/artist/ArtistForm.mxml
                            ~.domain.Artist roo> Managed SRC_MAIN_JAVA/org/example/rootunes/domain/Artist.java
                            Managed SRC_MAIN_JAVA/org/example/rootunes/domain/Artist_Roo_JavaBean.aj
                            Managed ROOT/src/main/flex/org/example/rootunes/presentation/artist/ArtistView.mxml
                            Managed ROOT/src/main/flex/org/example/rootunes/presentation/artist/ArtistForm.mxml
                            Managed ROOT/src/main/flex/org/example/rootunes/domain/Artist.as
                            Managed SRC_MAIN_JAVA/org/example/rootunes/domain/Artist_Roo_JavaBean.aj
                            Managed ROOT/src/main/flex/org/example/rootunes/presentation/artist/ArtistView.mxml
                            Managed ROOT/src/main/flex/org/example/rootunes/presentation/artist/ArtistForm.mxml
                            Managed ROOT/src/main/flex/org/example/rootunes/domain/Artist.as
                            ~.domain.Artist roo> Created SRC_MAIN_JAVA/org/example/rootunes/domain/Album.java
                            Created SRC_MAIN_JAVA/org/example/rootunes/domain/Album_Roo_Configurable.aj
                            Created SRC_MAIN_JAVA/org/example/rootunes/domain/Album_Roo_Entity.aj
                            Created SRC_MAIN_JAVA/org/example/rootunes/domain/Album_Roo_ToString.aj
                            ~.domain.Album roo> Managed SRC_MAIN_JAVA/org/example/rootunes/domain/Album.java
                            Created SRC_MAIN_JAVA/org/example/rootunes/domain/Album_Roo_JavaBean.aj
                            Managed SRC_MAIN_JAVA/org/example/rootunes/domain/Album_Roo_ToString.aj
                            ~.domain.Album roo> Managed SRC_MAIN_JAVA/org/example/rootunes/domain/Album.java
                            Managed SRC_MAIN_JAVA/org/example/rootunes/domain/Album_Roo_JavaBean.aj
                            Managed SRC_MAIN_JAVA/org/example/rootunes/domain/Album_Roo_JavaBean.aj
                            ~.domain.Album roo> Created SRC_MAIN_JAVA/org/example/rootunes/service/AlbumService.java
                            Created ROOT/src/main/flex/org/example/rootunes/domain/Album.as
                            Created SRC_MAIN_JAVA/org/example/rootunes/service/AlbumService_Roo_Service.aj
                            Managed ROOT/src/main/flex/rootunes_scaffold.mxml
                            Managed ROOT/src/main/flex/rootunes_scaffold-config.xml
                            Created ROOT/src/main/flex/org/example/rootunes/presentation/album
                            Created ROOT/src/main/flex/org/example/rootunes/presentation/album/AlbumEvent.as
                            Created ROOT/src/main/flex/org/example/rootunes/presentation/album/AlbumView.mxml
                            Created ROOT/src/main/flex/org/example/rootunes/presentation/album/AlbumForm.mxml

Comment

Originally posted by rockhowse View Post
                              It's almost as if it's generating the .mxml (Flex source) but never compiling it to the resulting .swf files (?) I think it's because my project isn't set up as a "flex project". I have installed the Flex Builder 4 Plugin and can create and compile other Flex based project.
                              Actually, running "flex setup" in Roo should have added the necessary metadata for FB4 to see it as a Flex project and compile automatically. The one issue I have seen is that the Flex compilation doesn't always sync up correctly with Eclipse's auto-deployment to the given server (whether tc Server, Tomcat, or any other).

The most consistent way I've found to work around this is to disable automatic publishing. (This varies from container to container, but generally you right-click on the given container in the Servers tab, and select "Open", and there is usually a "Publishing" section where you can tweak the settings.) Then when you do want to see changes, right-click on the container again and select "Publish" and wait for things to sync up before reloading the browser page.

Comment

Working...
                              X