Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Flash Builder Data/Services fail to update for Spring-BlazeDS integration Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Flash Builder Data/Services fail to update for Spring-BlazeDS integration

    Upgraded to the nightly builds and am running against Flash Builder 4, but there are a few headaches which are haunting me. The first is this message:
    The destination "(name)" used by service "(service_name)" was not found in the services configuration file. Update the config file and refresh the service in the Data/Services view.
    By deleting the service entirely and regenerating the integration code, I am able to get the code to work. This solution, however, becomes highly undesirable as I enhance the generated code. Anyone else found a better solution?


    NOTE: Someone else filed a bug report with Adobe.

  • #2
    This issues still persists in Flashbuilder 4.5 (Burrito)

    I cannot believe that this issue has been closed by Adobe.

    https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FB-26262

    Tried finding a work-around but no luck so far. I guess you could configure Spring Flex using the old-school factory approach as with that you would define an explicit "destination" in remoting-config.xml

    Comment


    • #3
      Pinged James Ward about this issue and he forwarded me a new Jira. The issue has been fixed:

      http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FB-29790

      Comment


      • #4
        Cool, thanks for pointing that out...glad to see the support on Adobe's side continually improving.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ghillert View Post
          I cannot believe that this issue has been closed by Adobe.

          https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FB-26262

          Tried finding a work-around but no luck so far. I guess you could configure Spring Flex using the old-school factory approach as with that you would define an explicit "destination" in remoting-config.xml
          Instead of modifying the generated classes, I use Swiz on the client and have a Swiz controller call the service and VO classes. This way I can delete/add without breaking anything. It also keeps my code better organized.

          Comment


          • #6
            Yes, I filed that on our (Adobe's) end and helped push that through. I didn't realize there was an existing bug but regardless it's been dealt with. Let me know if there are other serious issues like that blocking development. Please don't use that as an opportunity to bring to my attention every single bug, but if there is something that makes things unusable or difficult then I'll see what I can do on this end.

            Comment


            • #7
              I agree - For our project I also decided on using Swiz which helps organizing the project quite a bit. However, the Flash Builder Data Services are a nice feature to test my Spring remoting services on the server without having to code a single line of AS3.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ghillert View Post
                I agree - For our project I also decided on using Swiz which helps organizing the project quite a bit. However, the Flash Builder Data Services are a nice feature to test my Spring remoting services on the server without having to code a single line of AS3.
                Right. I use the FlashBuilder Data Services too, but call them from Swiz controllers using ServiceHelper.

                So, I never touch any of the classes generated by Flash Builder Data Services, which means if I need to change properties/methods on the server, I just delete/re-add the service(s) from Flash Builder.

                Below is a simple example. userService is a Flash Builder Data Service that is automagically generated ala BlazeDS java introspection.

                Code:
                //***
                // Create User
                		[EventHandler( event="UserEvent.CREATE_USER_REQUESTED", properties="user" )]
                		public function createUser( user : User ) : void
                		{
                			serviceHelper.executeServiceCall( userService.createUser( user ), handleCreateUserResult, handleCreateUserFault );
                		}
                	// yay
                		private function handleCreateUserResult( event : ResultEvent ) : void
                		{
                			// Show an Alert just to make it obvious that the save was successful.
                			dispatcher.dispatchEvent(new UserEvent( UserEvent.CREATE_USER_COMPLETE ));
                			Alert.show( 'User saved successfully!' );
                		}
                	// boo		
                		private function handleCreateUserFault( info:Object ) : void
                		{
                			dispatcher.dispatchEvent(new UserEvent( UserEvent.CREATE_USER_ERROR ));
                			Alert.show( 'Reason for failure: ' + info.fault.rootCause.message, 'User Save Failed' );
                		}

                Comment

                Working...
                X