Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to integrate flex in existing spring web mvc project??

hi all,

I have to implement flex in existing spring mvc based project. I have basic knowledge of flex.

and i hav basic knowledge of blazeDs with spring.
    in existing spring mvc project i have used Jsp pages as view. when user perform any action it will be handled by Spring controller class based on url.

I have questions is it possible to invoke url in same way as from jsp and how to bind flex input fields with spring command object as we normally did spring bind with html fields or binding can be done with action script class at flex side.?

Any help , url link would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
    Rohit kotecha.

Originally posted by kotecha_rohit View Post
    I have questions is it possible to invoke url in same way as from jsp and how to bind flex input fields with spring command object as we normally did spring bind with html fields or binding can be done with action script class at flex side.?
    Well, you could use the Flex HttpService to simulate a form POST, but that is generally overkill. This story might change a bit in the future if we are able to successfully use AMF as a resource representation in Spring 3.0's RESTful model, but right now it is easier to move the logic from the controller into the Flex client and invoke the service layer directly from there.

Comment

Thanks jeremy for quick help.

i was also thinking same. Instead of calling controller from View means flex we should call (use) spring's services. But it's very hard to do in existing project. means to move all logic of controller to action script.

while searching i came to know about cairngorm framework. is it possible with cairngorm framework.?

Thanks again.

Comment

Cairngorm basically gives you a set of client-side MVC patterns...and while people have been successful with it, I get the general sense from the Flex community that it is rather overly complex. I might suggest looking at some of the other alternatives. PureMVC is another one worth looking at, and I've also been hearing really good things about Mate lately.

Comment

Working...
        X