X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying out the Spring and BlazeDS

I'm new with Spring and BlazeDS but i have a good experience in creating FLEX applications. I have tried the "Building and Running the Spring BlazeDS Integration Samples" on the SpringSource Tool Suite. I'm using Tomcat 6.0.20 to run the sample applications, but I'm running with the following exception:

SEVERE: Context initialization failed
    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExce ption: Error creating bean with name '_messageBrokerDefaultHandlerMapping': Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExce ption: Error creating bean with name '_messageBroker': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/xpath/CachedXPathAPI
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAu towireCapableBeanFactory.java:480)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory$1.run(AbstractAutowireC apableBeanFactory.java:409)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAuto wireCapableBeanFactory.java:380)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:2 64)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultS ingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingleton BeanRegistry.java:222)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:261 )
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:185)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:164)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultL istableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(Defaul tListableBeanFactory.java:429)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplic ationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(Abstr actApplicationContext.java:728)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplic ationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.ja va:380)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.c reateWebApplicationContext(FrameworkServlet.java:4 02)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.i nitWebApplicationContext(FrameworkServlet.java:316 )
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.i nitServletBean(FrameworkServlet.java:282)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.HttpServletBean.in it(HttpServletBean.java:126)
    at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.j ava:212)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServl et(StandardWrapper.java:1161)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(Stan dardWrapper.java:981)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnSta rtup(StandardContext.java:4045)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(Sta ndardContext.java:4351)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(Conta inerBase.java:1045)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(Standa rdHost.java:719)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(Conta inerBase.java:1045)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(Stan dardEngine.java:443)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(Sta ndardService.java:516)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(Stan dardServer.java:710)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalin a.java:566)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknow n Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Un known Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootst rap.java:288)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstr ap.java:413)

Can please anyone help me to resolve this problem?

Have a great day everyone.

Yes, this is a known issue (http://jira.springframework.org/browse/FLEX-60). Seems to only occur on certain platforms (I don't get the error on my Mac for example). You just need to add Xalan as a requirement to the testdrive project's pom.xml. See the Jira for specific details of the dependency.

Comment

Working...
    X