Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading Spring Security throws error

Hi,

I am using spring Blazeds Integration GA1 and I tried to updgrade Spring Security from 2.0.4 to M1 and I endup with this below exception

Code:
    SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Unexpected exception parsing XML document from ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/config/web-application-config.xml]; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/springframework/security/ConfigAttributeDefinition
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:394)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:316)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:284)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:143)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:178)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:149)
    	at org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlWebApplicationContext.java:125)
    	at org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlWebApplicationContext.java:93)
    	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.refreshBeanFactory(AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.java:126)
    	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.obtainFreshBeanFactory(AbstractApplicationContext.java:419)
    	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:349)
    	at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:254)
    	at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:198)
    	at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:47)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3843)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4342)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:719)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:516)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:710)
    	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:578)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:288)
    	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/springframework/security/ConfigAttributeDefinition
    	at org.springframework.flex.config.xml.MessageBrokerBeanDefinitionParser.parseConfigAttributeDefinition(MessageBrokerBeanDefinitionParser.java:302)
    	at org.springframework.flex.config.xml.MessageBrokerBeanDefinitionParser.registerEndpointInterceptorIfNecessary(MessageBrokerBeanDefinitionParser.java:358)
    	at org.springframework.flex.config.xml.MessageBrokerBeanDefinitionParser.configureSecurity(MessageBrokerBeanDefinitionParser.java:297)
    	at org.springframework.flex.config.xml.MessageBrokerBeanDefinitionParser.doParse(MessageBrokerBeanDefinitionParser.java:213)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.AbstractSingleBeanDefinitionParser.parseInternal(AbstractSingleBeanDefinitionParser.java:85)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.AbstractBeanDefinitionParser.parse(AbstractBeanDefinitionParser.java:56)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.NamespaceHandlerSupport.parse(NamespaceHandlerSupport.java:72)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.parseCustomElement(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:1320)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.parseCustomElement(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:1310)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.parseBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:135)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.registerBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:92)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.registerBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:475)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:372)
    	... 28 more
    Please Excuse me , I have posted this problem already in spring Security forum, but I think that this exception is some what related to message broker and flex-blazeds, so thought I will post here also , I have attached my web and application config file in that post http://forum.springsource.org/showthread.php?t=75106

Please help to fix this issue.

Spring Security 3.0 has changed some of their package structure around, including some classes that we depend on, so Spring BlazeDS Integration 1.0 will not work correctly with it. I have added a Jira for this: http://jira.springframework.org/browse/FLEX-65, and it is something we will likely try to adress in a 1.1 release.

Comment

Hi Jeremy,

Please could you confirm what combinations of Spring versions are currently supported by SpringBlazeDS 1.0.1.RELEASE?

1) Spring 2.5.6 + Spring Security 2.0.5 ( works? )
      2) Spring 3.0.0M3 + Spring Security 3.0.0RC1 ( works? )
      3) Etc

Is there any new on when SpringBlazeDS 1.1 willl be released or supporting Spring 3*

Thank you so much.

Comment

Originally posted by aalbericio View Post
        1) Spring 2.5.6 + Spring Security 2.0.5 ( works? )
        Yes.

2) Spring 3.0.0M3 + Spring Security 3.0.0RC1 ( works? )
        Does not work because API refactoring in Spring Security 3 breaks the current integration.

Is there any new on when SpringBlazeDS 1.1 willl be released or supporting Spring 3*
        It is our intention that you should be able to use Spring BlazeDS 1.0.x with Spring 3, but not Spring Security 3. Note that the latest Spring Security 2.0.5 is also intended to work with Spring 3, though it obviously doesn't take advantage of the Spring 3-specific features. If you find any incompatibility with the supported combination Spring 3 + Spring BlazeDS 1.0.1 + Spring Security 2.0.5, please raise a Jira and we will release further 1.0.x maintenance updates to correct.

Spring BlazeDS 1.5 will update the supported stack to Spring 3.x, Spring Security 3.x, BlazeDS 4.x, and LCDS 3.x. Assuming the release of BlazeDS 4 / LCDS 3 does not slide further, our target final release date of Spring BlazeDS 1.5 is calendar Q1 of 2010. Though we should have the first official milestone available in December.
        Last edited by jeremyg484; Nov 9th, 2009, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Thank you Jeremy. For now, I can live with Spring 2.5.6 + Spring Security 2.0.5 but it's good to hear you are working to support Spring 3 products and BlazeDS 4.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X