Announcement Announcement Module
No announcement yet.
Any plans to implement a spring managed RDS server? (BlazeDS 4) Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any plans to implement a spring managed RDS server? (BlazeDS 4)

I was wondering if there are any plans to implement the RDS server from BlazeDS 4 into Spring BlazeDS integration?

Because at this moment I've got 2 versions of my Spring/BlazeDS server. One with just a Spring DispatcherServlet handling everything via your excellent Spring BlazeDS integration package.

And another Server with an RDS Servlet and a MessageBrokerServlet without the Spring BlazeDS Integration, just to use the Data/Services stuff inside Flash Builder 4. (to generate forms etc from services)

Thanks and keep up the good work!

ps: Just FYI, when I tried to upgrade the BlazeDS files from 3.2 to 4 (in my project that is based on Spring BlazeDS integration) I got a "org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExc eption: Error creating bean with name '_messageBroker': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.NullPointerException".
    Last edited by Dr.Drane; Jul 1st, 2009, 09:34 AM.

Yes, we definitely intend to support the new version of BlazeDS as well as LCDS 3. The current plan is to closely coincide with Adobe's GA release.

I look forward to it! Playing with Flash Builder 4 currently is pointless without support from Spring-BlazeDS-integration for the BlazeDS 4 RDS server. I've been scouring your repository with hope for a beta :-) I guess you mean Adobe's GA releases of BlazeDS and LCDS 3, which will probably happen only after the Flex 4 GA release :-(

At the moment I'm getting the same NullPointerException that Jochen is:
      org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name '_messageBrokerDefaultHandlerMapping': Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name '_messageBroker': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.NullPointerException
      I have set up the config files to use Spring/Flex integration, and I'm using BlazeDS 4 beta. Flash Builder 4 can't connect to the RDS server either. If I use only BlazeDS 4 and Spring, I can get Flash Builder 4 to connect to the RDS server and find the declared service (lookupService), but then the service is not used as a Spring-managed bean and has no dependencies injected (BlazeDS seems to be instantiating it directly), in spite of the fact that the Spring DispatcherServlet routes the request to BlazeDS!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN" "">
          <description>Booking System</description>
           <!-- Http Flex Session attribute and binding listener support -->
          <servlet-mapping id="RDS_DISPATCH_MAPPING">
      <beans xmlns=""
          <flex:message-broker />
          <!-- Maps request paths at /* to the BlazeDS MessageBroker -->
          <bean class="org.springframework.web.servlet.handler.SimpleUrlHandlerMapping">
              <property name="mappings">
          <!-- Dispatches requests mapped to a MessageBroker -->
          <bean class="org.springframework.flex.servlet.MessageBrokerHandlerAdapter"/>
          <flex:remoting-destination ref="lookupService" />
      Last edited by virgo_ct; Aug 22nd, 2009, 12:33 PM.