X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Integrating Spring BlazeDS, Struts and RESTEasy

Currently we have an application that uses the old BlazeDS libraries with the Acegi Security and some glue code written internally, the Struts Spring integration and JBoss RESTEasy. The RESTEasy SpringContextLoaderListener is being used to load the application context and MessageBrokerServlet manages BlazeDS.

The decision was made to look at integrating the Spring BlazeDS Integration and upgrade to the latest GA Spring Security with that. This seems to introduce a problem of how the application context is loaded as it appears that the BlazeDS integration requires the use of DispatcherServlet, which means that both it and the SpringContextLoaderListener are attempting to load the same context.

As all three interfaces require access to broadly the same set of beans, I'm puzzling over how to get these integrated and seem to be playing a game of Whack-A-Mole fixing breakages and not seemingly getting anywhere. Has anyone done this or have any suggestions?

I've not looked at RESTEasy's SpringContextLoaderListener, but I would guess it works something like the standard ContextLoaderListener and creates a root web application context. If this is the case, you can use the DispatcherServlet's context to only load the portions relevant to BlazeDS configuration and it will inherit from the root web application context. The included testdrive sample application is set up in a similar manner.

Comment

Working...
    X