X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unable to run test-drive, NoClassDefFoundError

the application is installed at root and I got he page when I hit localhost:8080 but after launching any app I get the stack trace below in my server (tomcat 6) console, any ideas?

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExce ption: Error creating bean with name '_messageBroker': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/xpath/CachedXPathAPI
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1338)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAu towireCapableBeanFactory.java:473)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory$1.run(AbstractAutowireC apableBeanFactory.java:409)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAuto wireCapableBeanFactory.java:380)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:2 64)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultS ingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingleton BeanRegistry.java:222)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:261 )
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:185)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:164)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory.isSingleton(AbstractBeanFactory.java:3 66)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplic ationContext.isSingleton(AbstractApplicationContex t.java:896)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.handler.AbstractUr lHandlerMapping.registerHandler(AbstractUrlHandler Mapping.java:296)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.handler.SimpleUrlH andlerMapping.registerHandlers(SimpleUrlHandlerMap ping.java:129)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.handler.SimpleUrlH andlerMapping.initApplicationContext(SimpleUrlHand lerMapping.java:103)
    at org.springframework.context.support.ApplicationObj ectSupport.initApplicationContext(ApplicationObjec tSupport.java:119)
    at org.springframework.web.context.support.WebApplica tionObjectSupport.initApplicationContext(WebApplic ationObjectSupport.java:69)
    at org.springframework.context.support.ApplicationObj ectSupport.setApplicationContext(ApplicationObject Support.java:73)
    at org.springframework.context.support.ApplicationCon textAwareProcessor.postProcessBeforeInitialization (ApplicationContextAwareProcessor.java:70)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyBeanPostProcessors BeforeInitialization(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFa ctory.java:350)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1331)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAu towireCapableBeanFactory.java:473)
    ... 28 more
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/xpath/CachedXPathAPI
    at flex.messaging.config.ApacheXPathServerConfigurati onParser.initializeExpressionQuery(ApacheXPathServ erConfigurationParser.java:43)
    at flex.messaging.config.AbstractConfigurationParser. parse(AbstractConfigurationParser.java:68)
    at org.springframework.flex.config.FlexConfigurationM anager.getMessagingConfiguration(FlexConfiguration Manager.java:96)
    at org.springframework.flex.core.MessageBrokerFactory Bean.afterPropertiesSet(MessageBrokerFactoryBean.j ava:126)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(Abstr actAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1369)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1335)
    ... 49 more
    Jun 18, 2009 11:46:39 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke

btw I'm trying to run this in STS-SpringSource Tool Suite

not sure if that is the problem

Comment

Try adding:

Code:
      <dependency>
      	<groupId>xalan</groupId>
      	<artifactId>xalan</artifactId>
      	<version>2.7.1</version>
      </dependency>
      to the pom.xml of the testdrive project and re-build (don't forget to refresh the projects in Eclipse afterwards).

It seems this is only necessary for certain environments. I'd be curious to know exactly what JVM and OS combination you are using.

Comment

thanks that got it working

I'm running SpringSource Tool Suite 2.0.2, with Tomcat 6.0.2 on windows professional version

Comment

And what JVM are you using?

Comment

Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 14.0-b16,

Jdk 1.6.0_14

Comment

I had the same issue, this was a timely post, it resolved my problem as well.

Here are my environment for your reference:
              TomCat 6.0.18
              STS 2.0.1
              Java Version 1.6.0_13

Let me know if you additional information about my environment.
              -Soheil

Comment

Same issue here. The xalan dependency fixes the issue.

Setup:
                Java: 1.6.0_13
                Tomcat: 6.0.18
                STS: 2.02

Comment

same issue

I had the same issue, and the pom dependency fix did the trick. High five to Jeremy!

Windows XP sp2 32 bit
                  Tomcat 6.0.14
                  Java SE 1.6.0_13

Comment

Working...
                  X