Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with testdrive sample

Hi,
    I have a problem with using sample application from testdrive project. I managed to build testdrive.war and run it on Tomcat 6.0.16. During the server start I had a problem of some lack of xml processing libraries (ClassNotFoundException exceptions in console) but then I've added xalan-2.7.1 library and after that testdrive application has started successfully.

But there is another problem and I cannot find a solution. When I'm trying to execute any action in any sample (action which causes remote query), in my browser there is only 'waiting' status and nothing happens. Using Firebug extension I've checked the response I'm receiving and I've noticed it is:

HTTP Status 404 - /messagebroker/amf

Can somebody provide any hint or solution?

Thanks in advance

Pawel

Are you running the sample using Eclipse WTP? If not, are you running it as the root web app? (i.e., so that it can be accessed at http://localhost:8080/)

Comment

Jeremy, you were right. I haven't deployed the application as a root app. After I had changed this everything started to work fine. I'm so wet behind the ears if talking about Flex... I guess that my problem was related to context-root variable which was used during flex client compiling, am I right? I assume then, that once the flex client is compiled, it is not possible to change the context under which the application will be running?

Anyway, thanks for your help. I appreciate.

Comment

Originally posted by czerwiu View Post
        I guess that my problem was related to context-root variable which was used during flex client compiling, am I right?
        Yes, in this particular case.

Originally posted by czerwiu View Post
        I assume then, that once the flex client is compiled, it is not possible to change the context under which the application will be running?
        Not necessarily. The problem is that we have compiled the samples against services-config.xml in order to simplify them. We don't really recommend doing this in a real application, especially because it doesn't buy you much when using dynamic destinations as we are doing. See the docs here for some more explanation: http://static.springframework.org/sp...l/ch02s06.html

Comment

Working...
        X