Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shared Session/Single Sign-On Supported?

I've managed to integrate Flex/BlazeDS and Spring in a simple scenario (basically, some simple remoting). After some further reading:
    • I'm beginning to understand how much I don't know about Flex/BlazeDS (I've only been trying it out for a couple days)
    • I'm impressed by how easy it was to get the integration with Spring to happen
    I've been trying to get my brain around how deep the integration goes but so far I don't have a handle on it. Specifically, I'm looking at how authentication is shared across Flex/BlazeDS and web sessions.

I'd like to be able to do something like the following:
    1. Person comes to my site/app and accesses the JSF-backed home page
    2. He then clicks "My Account" which gives him a JSF-backed login page
    3. After logging in, he chooses to go to a page that is centered around a Flex-based client
    4. When the Flex-based client is loaded, it knows who the user is, accesses some account information and displays it
    Does this scenario make sense? Is it possible?

If not, what are some other options to get basically the same thing done?

Thanks for any help or guidance.

Well, to follow-up on my own thread again, it seems like this should work. I had not been able to compile the test drive because of some out of memory errors and hadn't tried them.

So I went back and commented out a few of the sample build targets and got a few things to work.

But reading the introduction to the secured sample, it says exactly what I was looking for: if you login using login.jsp you don't have to login in the Flex client. Nice.

Now to get it to work ...

Comment

Yes, your scenario definitely makes sense. As long as you aren't using the per-client authentication option of BlazeDS, Spring Security's Authentication object is stored in the same way (in the user's HTTP session) whether using an external method of authentication or using the Flex ChannelSet API.

Originally posted by objectuser View Post
      Well, to follow-up on my own thread again, it seems like this should work. I had not been able to compile the test drive because of some out of memory errors and hadn't tried them.

So I went back and commented out a few of the sample build targets and got a few things to work.
      Just out of curiosity, were you following the build instructions in the manual? You mention build targets so it sounds like you're trying to use the Ant build.

Comment

Yes, but I couldn't get that to work either ... I'm not a maven guy (a buddy has promised me an intro ...) and I had a dependency error. So I tried to hack things and run ant and had the out of memory issues.

Comment

Ok, well the Ant build has the same memory requirements as the Maven build. We use the same settings for ANT_OPTS as what is documented there for MAVEN_OPTS. The additional requirement with the Ant build (which I would imagine you've already discovered if you got it to work at all) is manually providing the Flex SDK, which is why we chose to provide the Maven build as it does that for you.

Comment

Working...
          X