X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why 2.5.6.A dependencies?

I know about OSGi, I know springsource is heavily pushing this technology. Still I think it is a bad decision to make BlazeDS integration dependent on this technology. Upgrading from M2 to RC1 is not easy. I am having a lot of double dependencies. All the special OSGi enabled version of external projects are a nightmare.

I'd suggest to create a pom.xml without the osgi dependencies (2.5.6.A) and base it on the normal spring version. For now I'll try to create one of my own, tips are welcome, because I really want to start using the new features.

** after edit **
    I see now, that M2 also had the same dependencies, so the problem is different. I'll some more investigation. I leave the post for ideas and opinions, because I still think it was a bad idea to use these A depedencies.

regards Jettro
    Last edited by jettro; May 9th, 2009, 04:24 PM.

When publishing 1.0, we will be publishing a version to the central maven repository that has no dependencies on the OSGi versions of the libraries in the SpringSource repository. I will actually be preparing that this week and will report here when I have a test version for all the maven users to try.

Comment

Ok, we have published Maven-central-compatible POMs with RC2.

To use that version, you'll want to point to the Spring milestone maven repository:

Code:
      <repository>
          <id>spring-milestone</id>
          <name>Spring Portfolio Milestone Repository</name>
          <url>http://maven.springframework.org/milestone</url>
          <releases>
              <enabled>true</enabled>
          </releases>
          <snapshots>
              <enabled>false</enabled>
          </snapshots>
      </repository>
      and then to add the dependency:

Code:
      <dependency>
          <groupId>org.springframework.flex</groupId>
          <artifactId>spring-flex</artifactId>
          <version>1.0.0.RC2</version>
      </dependency>

Comment

Very nice, Jeremy. It is working like a charm.

Comment

When I switch to RC2 on the central style repo then I get the following error
          Code:
          Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.xpath.CachedXPathAPI
          2009-05-21 10:39:06.615::WARN:  Nested in org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name '_messageBrokerDefaultHandlerMapping'
          I can see that the old org.springframework.flex POM brought down SpringSource's OSGi-fied Xalan but the spring-flex POM does not seem to. Is this similar to the Jackson fault where the generated POM is incomplete? Of course as a short term fix I have just added Xalan to my own POM.

Any ideas?
          Last edited by pledge; May 21st, 2009, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X