X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adobe flex and spring web flow integration

Could we integrate adobe flex with spring web flow? If yes could you point me to documentation or any examples on it.

Thanks,

At the moment, there is no support for integrating Flex with Web Flow directly. The two paradigms really don't match up 1-to-1 at the moment. Web Flow is a server-side controller technology, whereas with Flex you typically implement controller logic on the client.

That said, we've talked about the potential for future integration between Flex and perhaps just Web Flow's conversation management, but that is definitely still just and idea and something for the future roadmap.

Of course, what you can do today is have Spring BlazeDS Integration and Spring Web Flow running side-by-side in one web application where parts of the application are Web Flow with HTML views and parts are Flex views. It's conceptually no different from running Web Flow in conjunction with other parts of the site being traditional stateless Spring MVC.

Comment

Could you provide pointers on creating the Flex views? I'm trying to use Object tag to include flex swf in my view but it does not seem to work.

Any pointers would be of good help.

Thanks,
      Sanjay

Comment

Spring BlazeDS Integration and Spring Web Flow running side-by-side in one appliction

Originally posted by jeremyg484 View Post
        Of course, what you can do today is have Spring BlazeDS Integration and Spring Web Flow running side-by-side in one web application where parts of the application are Web Flow with HTML views and parts are Flex views. It's conceptually no different from running Web Flow in conjunction with other parts of the site being traditional stateless Spring MVC.
        It will be nice to have an example of a Spring Web Flow project using flex by Spring BlazeDS integration. It will extends the power of Spring. The controller ability on server side is missing. We shouldn`t do the business logic on the flex client.

Did some one succeed to build a Spring Web Flow project using flex by Spring BlazeDS integration?

Comment

It seems my previous statement was misinterpreted. I am not saying that you would render Flex views using Web Flow, but rather that you can run the FlowHandlerAdapter alongside the MessageBrokerHandlerAdapter and route the requests accordingly for a hybrid style of application.

There is an in-progress version of the Spring Travel example application that will demonstrate this once Spring 3.0 final has been released.

That said, if you're going to fully embrace the RIA paradigm, it is reasonable to accept that a certain amount of logic (especially things like navigation logic and certain forms of validation logic) can be done more efficiently without round-tripping to the server for an RPC call. The server-side controller becomes quite unnecessary in this paradigm, and that is one reason there has been such an explosion of very high-quality client-side MVC frameworks for Flex in recent times.

Comment

Spring Travel example with Flex

I will certainly have a look at the Spring Travel example with Flex when Spring 3.0 is final.
            Thanks a lot!!

Comment

guys

Does anyone know if Spring Travel example with Flex (and webflow) is available for a read. I couldnt find it.
              Can anyone please post the link here.

Thanks.
              Last edited by jaggernat; Jan 9th, 2011, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Second that

I'm also looking for it, if anyone has a link! Is there a nightly build link that includes it?

Comment

Spring Travel example

Jeremy, I saw that on fisheye that there was this Spring Travel Sample that was used for conference. Is there a other version somwhere else? Couldn't find it in spring-flex repos either... Think this app would help a lot of people out there.

Frank

Comment

Working...
                  X