X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flex debugging Tomcat

Hi all, firts thanks to jeremyg484 for this Spring Project!

My question isn't about the framework, is about Flex Debugging when I deploy Flex&JavaSpring project in my tomcat.
    Now, if I add some breakpoint in my eclipse Java project, when Flex front end call some java service eclipse start debug perspective and I'm able to debug my java service. Everything it's ok.

But now, If I want to debug some Flex component with my project deployed in Tomcat server, eclipse doesn't start Flex debugging perspective.

I read one post and I think that I need to add JVM parameters when I start Tomcat server:
    -Xdebug
    -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8000,server=y ,suspend=n

But when I add this parameters I see errors in Tomcat start:
    ERROR: JDWP unable to get necessary JVMTI capabilities. ["debugInit.c",L279]

I'm finding information about this, but for the moment, I don't see anything clear.

How do you do to debug Flex components deployed in Tomcat in Flex Debugging Perspective?

Thanks for your help!

Not sure if I inderstand well your problem but to debug flex code (the one running in your browser) you must launch (in debug mode) the flex application from eclipse/flex builder...no JVM parameters can help
    Note thaht in your flex project you have to set the correct flex server settings (in project properties dialog) so that flex builder put your swf file in the correct place and use the right URL to launch your project
    Hope it helps
    Pierre

Comment

Hi,

Right click on the application mxml.
      1.Go to Debug As -> Debug.
      2. Check the path mentioned in debug window. Select the path of your main-debug.swf as default path for debug.
      3. Select check point in your flex file.
      4. Start the server and run your application in debug mode..

thts it.!

Thanks
      Ankit

Comment

Forgot to mention one thing in point 4..
        Whn u run the application in debug mode, make sure you specify the yourApplicationMain-debug.html instead of yourApplicationMain.html in the server url.

Thanks
        Ankit

Comment

Runs

Thanks people! it runs!

Comment

Hi,

I also have the similar problem debugging flex app with spring as service.
            I can't debug my flex app in debug mode and i got this error message "TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference."

Hope you can help.

thanks,

Comment

Working...
            X