Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Problem with MessageBrokerHandlerAdapter - Does your handler [...] like Controller? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with MessageBrokerHandlerAdapter - Does your handler [...] like Controller?

Hi,

As soon as I add the following bean config to my existing Spring MVC application (based on spring 2.5.6):

Code:
    	<!-- Dispatches requests mapped to a MessageBroker -->
     	<bean class="org.springframework.flex.messaging.servlet.MessageBrokerHandlerAdapter"/>
    I get the following error when trying to access a URL handled by a traditional spring mvc controller:
    Code:
    javax.servlet.ServletException: No adapter for handler [eu.emea.scorecard.web.example.ExampleController@1cf5ee4]: Does y
    our handler implement a supported interface like Controller?
            at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.getHandlerAdapter(DispatcherServlet.java:1100)
            at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:874)
            at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:807)
            at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:571)
            at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:501)
    How can I have the two working in parallel?

Try registering additional HandlerAdapter into spring web app context.

Code:
    <bean class="org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter"/>
    I had the same problem, and this seems to solve it. But now I have some other problems (can't receive response from remote sevice), so I can't confirm this solution.

Try it, and say the result.

Comment

I finally got the reply from my remote service, so I can tell that this solution is ok for my case. I have classic spring MVC web application, lots of controllers and .jsp-s and this allows 'hybrid' approach, not just pure flex client.

Comment

Thank you so much for your help.

As per your indication, by adding a bean of type org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleControll erHandlerAdapter, the spring servlet dispatcher handles both:
        • the traditional requests
        • and the Flex communication

This is superb.

I add also a problem to have the Blaze DS remote object invokations working: it was because I had not mapped /spring/* to the Servlet dispatcher in the web.xml file.

Looking for trying the M2 release launched yesterday.... and the RC1 lining on the horizon.

Have a beautiful day!

Comment

Working...
        X