Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scope of the project

Hi,

Probably this is a stupid question but based on documentation and examples i“m not sure if this project could allow me to use a spring MVC application with flex. I see examples of using spring defined services with flex, but... What about Controllers, databinding, Validation and all features present in SpringMVC applications? Will all be integrated or it will be limited to remote invocations of beans without any explicit MVC support?

Best Regards, Raśl

We plan to implement such support in alignment with Spring 3.0's REST support, such that you will be able to return an AMF representation of a resource to enable a more loosely coupled way of connecting the Flex app to Spring services. You will also be able to bind AMF payloads back to MVC controller methods. It remains to be seen whether this will make it into 1.0, as our current plan has it coming out before Spring 3.0. If we can't get it into 1.0, I would expect it to get into something such as a 1.1 shortly after the final release of Spring 3.0.

Comment

That sounds amazing

Thanks for the quick answer.

Best Regards, Raśl

Comment

Any update on this re: 1.0 vs 1.1 and timing in general?

Comment

It is definitely a 1.1 feature at this point as we hope to have 1.0 final done by mid-April. We will aim to have the REST support available in at least a stable 1.1 milestone closely following the release of Spring 3.0 final.

Comment

sounds amazing

Comment

Working...
            X