Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flex -Spring Integration architectures

Hello All,

We are working on a project which uses Flex as UI layer and Spring as the middle layer which handles persistence and some web services which we need to invoke (hosted on ESB).

I am really looking for some expertise who can advise what is the best architecture that I can choose with these technologies.
    One flow would be to access the database starting from Flex and the other to access web services from Flex. How do I use Spring along with Flex in both of these scenarios and have the best possible performance,scalability,etc.

Please advise.

Thanks for your help.

Flex-Spring Integration possibilities

One of the good possible architecture would be

Flex Web Application gets data from java objects thru BlazeDS .
    this java ojbect could be some kind of facade to business logic/dao operations which work on spring frame work.I did some kind of prototype on this architecture.
    We have a application where front is developed in extjs / struts and business logic/dao written in java ,spring/ibatis.so i removed presentation layer and i directly used service classes from the flex client using blazeds integration mechanism.it works well.

Comment

What best possible architecture would be for the accessing web services?
      Is it directly from Flex or again Remoting through Blaze DS.

Again the worry that I have is why do we want to go an expensive remoting calls if there is something else better possible.

Please advise.

Comment

Candidate architecture

Here's my (imperfect) understanding.

From Flex, there is really only one mechanism: HTTP. There are different serialization techniques of which AMF and XML must be viewed as the leading candidates. Various authors have compared the technologies [1] for general settings, but in the Flex space, AMF would appear to have a performance advantage [2].

Performance may not be the primary consideration. An investment in XML gives you the flexibility to service Flex and AJAX clients from a single interface or to apply XML-specific tools (e.g. stylesheets).

AMF has other traits. It opens up the world of managed data and aligns your project with Adobe's future investments.

Based on my understanding, I offer this guideline: if you want a general solution, XML; if Flex/AIR are the only UI, go with AMF.

[1] http://www.insideria.com/2008/09/amf...on-vs-xml.html
        [2] http://www.jamesward.com/blog/2007/1...f-and-blazeds/

Comment

Working...
        X