Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Can someone explain to me what the web-application-config.xml file is? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone explain to me what the web-application-config.xml file is?

I'm using the examples that Jeremy provided to configure my project to talk to BlazeDS. My problem with some of the examples is that they don't explain where the applicationContext.xml fits in and if the web-application-config.xml is a new file need for blazeds config or if this is a replacement file for the applicationContext.xml or the servletContext.xml. Anyway I asked the other day if anyone could explain this and haven't seen anything yet. I've been trying to get my web.xml configured to run with what I've seen in the examples but again I'm unsure of what some of these files are for. I've got the services-config.xml, proxy-config.xml and the remoting-config.xml files exactly as mentioned but the web.xml and the applicationContext.xml and how they fit in here are a bit scatchy. Anyway as I mentioned before I'm using iBatis, with Spring2.5.5 and BlazeDS3.2.

Can anyone explain this?
    Thanks.

web-application-config.xml is a Spring application context file, just like applicationContext.xml. You are free to name Spring XML files whatever you like, this is simply what we chose for this application.

Comment

Okay that's cool. But do I need to include ?

So in the web.xml do I need to include the ContextLoaderServlet? Tomcat5.5
      <listener>
      <listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoade rServlet</listener-class>
      </listener>
      The reason I ask is I don't see that in your examples.
      Thanks.

Comment

No...the DispatcherServlet loads up the Spring application context in this particular case.

Comment

I got it working! Thanks for your help. I really like this method over using the SpringFactory class. Anyway again thanks and I can't wait to see the future of this piece of Spring.

Comment

So if I wanted to do polling of things like IM with someone does the Spring framework support that currently or is that to come?

Comment

That is to come in our future integration with the BlazeDS messaging service.

Comment

Working...
              X