X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Spring BlazeDS Integration Testdrive

I am having trouble getting the Spring BlazeDS Integration samples working.

I am using Windows XP and Flex Builder 3.0.2 and Tomcat 6
    Following the instructions in Jeremy Grelle's blog
    blog.springsource.com/2008/12/17/using-spring-blazeds-integration-m1/

I downloaded the samples and sampledb directories and placed them in
    [tomcat-home]/webapps/
    I started the database, then started Tomcat. Accessed the first sample project from
    localhost:8080/samples/testdrive-101/index.html
    But all that loads are two orange panes with no pictures or data in them. The other sample applications give similar results-- orange panes, but no data, even when I click "Get Data".

Am I missing something? This is my first post here, so I welcome any help from more experienced users.

Thank You,

Jack Desert
    (Yes, I left out the "http"s in those addresses-- to get around the "no URLs in your first post" feature)

Try using the sample in Eclipse WTP

I use WTP to setup the samples it works fine , but there are additional things needed to do before the it data showed:
    1.Change the MacOS JRE to JRE1.6 (I am using JDK1.6 and Windows XP)
    2.Put xalan.jar into the samples/WEB-INF/lib

Restart the server and link to the url ...

Comment

Originally posted by jiwenke View Post
      I use WTP to setup the samples it works fine , but there are additional things needed to do before the it data showed:
      1.Change the MacOS JRE to JRE1.6 (I am using JDK1.6 and Windows XP)
      2.Put xalan.jar into the samples/WEB-INF/lib

Restart the server and link to the url ...
      Thanks for the response. As you recommended, I put xalan.jar into samples/WEB-INF/lib, and now one of the sample apps appears to be working. It's the one at /samples/testdrive-webservice. The others still show no data. I also searched for reference to a MacOS JRE and found none-- is this in the WTP setup or somewhere in the 'samples' directory?

I'm not familiar with WTP, but I may need to go that route if it won't work any other way. Before I do, what does it take for this example to run like a typical tomcat app in
      [tomcat-home]/webapps ? Would the settings be the same as for using WTP?

Jack Desert

Comment

Do you start your tomcat ? Or what is your Tomcat's version? I am using 6.0.xxx
        In WTP , you can start Tomcat invoke the browser in the IDE.But you need to configure the run configuration and point to the Tomcat6.0 installation location.

Comment

Tomcat

I've been starting Tomcat manually. I'm using tomcat 6.0.18.

Comment

Get Data does not retun anything

I downloaded the test drive sample and created a WAR file after placing the xalan.jar in WEB-INF/lib folder, there is no error during deployment, (I am not publishing through WTP). When I click on getData , nothing happens, no error on server console, or on screen.

I tried in WASCE v2 and weblogic 10.4.5, still not working. while I try to figure out the problem, any help would be great.

Thank you
            Kannan

Comment

endpoint

Some how I managed to run the sample project, after I hard coded the endpoint in the remote object

<mx:RemoteObject id="ro" destination="contact" endpoint="/test/spring/messagebroker/amf" />

but I am not sure if this is correct way, and also I don't want to hard code it ("test" is my project name/context path ).

I also found some information to set the channel dynamically by getting the channel information from a xml file.

Any further information on how to avoid this hard coded endpoint is appreciated.

Thank you
              Kannan

Comment

Tried this?

Have you tried following this example using the tomcat that they ship? http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=66542

Comment

Using tomcat 6.0.18

Hi,

I am using my Tomcat 6.0.18 Installation and WASCE v2, not the one which comes with that sample, actually I am trying to recreate that sample and run on my tomcat.

The sample runs perfectly with the tomcat which is shipped with the sample program, but the same code, I copy and create my project using flex builder 3 (flex/java project), it is not running. but runs when I provide the endpoint.

So please help me , if I need to check some other settings.
                  Last edited by kannanMugundan; Feb 18th, 2009, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Just a guess, but it sounds like you aren't joining the projects in Flex Builder.

Something similar to this: http://corlan.org/2008/06/07/adding-...a-wtp-project/

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately, still it is not working.

1) when I tried to add the flex project nature, error "the chosen operation is not enabled".
                      2) I did select the options for remote object access service and provided the path of blazeds.war

If you want I can attach the required files, to see the coding
                      But as i said there is no change, I just create a new project and copy the files from the sample tutorial.

Comment

Working...
                      X