Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Spring Security Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Spring Security

    Do you have any idea when M2 (with Spring Security Support) will be released?

    Thanks,

    Duncan

  • #2
    spring security integration with BlazeDS

    I'm also interested in integration with BlazeDS and Spring Security.

    The current release of Spring BlazeDS integration doesn't seem to offer any security integration.

    There are some examples on the web demonstrating BlazeDS/Spring integration, but they are mostly ad-hoc.

    Comment


    • #3
      Sometime later

      The roadmap lists tomorrow (20 Feb 2009) as the target for M2 but this has already been pushed back a week. That only one of the six targeted issues is currently closed and that work seems to be focusing on the key one (Flex-11) leads me to believe to believe that March is more likely than February.

      As you may have guessed, I'm also eagerly awaiting the next release.

      Comment


      • #4
        ChannelSet

        I'm curious to see how this gets implemented.

        Will BlazeDS/SS authentication go through a Flex's ChannelSet.login(...) API, a BlazeDS pojo, or some other mechanism?

        One of the Adobe's web site articles on SS/BlazeDS integration doesn't use ChannelSet.login(...).

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm working to get M2 out by the end of this week. I'm nearly satisfied with the initial security support, but as is typical, the configuration of it is a bit ugly without an XML config namespace, so we've moved the messaging issues to M3 in favor of putting in namespace support in M2.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by JoeSpringing View Post
            I'm curious to see how this gets implemented.

            Will BlazeDS/SS authentication go through a Flex's ChannelSet.login(...) API, a BlazeDS pojo, or some other mechanism?

            One of the Adobe's web site articles on SS/BlazeDS integration doesn't use ChannelSet.login(...).
            I would say the most typical setup will be to use ChannelSet.login, but it should certainly also be possible to use, for example, Spring Security's BASIC authentication mechanism, or to integrate with some external SSO mechanism.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by jeremyg484 View Post
              I'm working to get M2 out by the end of this week. I'm nearly satisfied with the initial security support, but as is typical, the configuration of it is a bit ugly without an XML config namespace, so we've moved the messaging issues to M3 in favor of putting in namespace support in M2.
              Thanks for the info.

              Is this issue of explicit creation of the ChannelSet ( http://forum.springframework.org/sho...9&postcount=22 ) going to be fixed for M2?


              Off-topic: At the moment I am doing my bachelor`s thesis of Spring/Flex - integration and M1 release was just released about a month ago before I started this project. When I started the project I had no idea that Spring has BlazeDS integration. So this release was quite a great surprise for me, it fits quite well to my schedule.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Durden View Post
                Is this issue of explicit creation of the ChannelSet ( http://forum.springframework.org/sho...9&postcount=22 ) going to be fixed for M2?
                In short, no, there is nothing we can do to avoid that as it is a side-effect of using dynamic destinations.

                See here for more explanation:
                http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=68135

                Comment

                Working...
                X