X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transparency with FlexRemotingServiceExporter

I hope I am not taking the statement, "the FlexRemotingServiceExporter will be able to work transparently.." out of context but the sample below from the reference docs adds a layer of complexity to spring configuration. Example: I have 100 java services wrapping dao's etc, configured in Spring, plus their flex handler services to pipe the remoting calls. Wrapping each service in a FlexRemotingServiceExporter adds to configuration mayhem. Could we simply declare the FlexRemotingServiceExporter, annotate the services as @RemoteService or new similar type of annotation that wires it to FlexRemotingServiceExporter as a wrapper, where it does its job allowing dynamic creation of remoting destinations? But by the sample below it would add a lot of overhead to massive enterprise apps such as the one I am currently working on. We are partnering with Adobe on our framework, and I had just proposed to write a Spring Extension for this when 2 weeks later read the press release, so I look forward to seeing this module develop.

Code:
    <!-- Expose the productService bean for BlazeDS remoting -->
    <bean id="product" class="org.springframework.flex.messaging.remoting.FlexRemotingServiceExporter">
        <property name="messageBroker" ref="mySpringManagedMessageBroker"/>
        <property name="service" ref="productService"/>
    </bean>
    Would it help to set a parent bean and save the implementors from adding the wrapper to each?
    Code:
    <bean name="fxExporter" abstract="true" "class="org.springframework.flex.messaging.remoting.FlexRemotingServiceExporter">
         <property name="messageBroker" ref="mySpringManagedMessageBroker"/>
    </bean>

and then set
    <bean id="product" parent="fxExporter" class="org.springframework.flex.messaging.remoting.FlexRemotingServiceExporter">
        <property name="service" ref="productService"/>
    </bean>
    I know this is just the first foundation release so this is just a suggestion (cutting down on configuration as you can already do dynamic destinations for java-flex at present). What i AM looking forward to is the JMS module with Flex Messaging. I've got this working now with Flex -Livecycle Data Services - AMQ - JMS, and hope this module will simplify implementations going forward.

cheers
    Last edited by Helena; Dec 19th, 2008, 11:32 AM.

Yes, we will definitely be adding an annotation-based option that does not require the XML definition of a FlexRemotingExporter for each bean. We will also be adding an XML namespace that simplifies the process of applying the exporter in XML config.

Comment

excellent

thanks Jeremy

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyg484 View Post
        Yes, we will definitely be adding an annotation-based option that does not require the XML definition of a FlexRemotingExporter for each bean. We will also be adding an XML namespace that simplifies the process of applying the exporter in XML config.
        The annotation support is great. But, can i recommend another approach, where we can have a common exporter which takes a list of services as input and exposes them all. I have a project where i can not use annotations freely.

Comment

Working...
        X