X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcements: SBI 1.5.0 GA Released

I'm pleased to announce that the 1.5.0 GA release of Spring BlazeDS Integration is now available.

See the official release announcement for more details.
    Last edited by jeremyg484; Jun 28th, 2011, 01:29 PM.

When will the 1.0 be final released?

Hi
    The integration sounds great for the FLEX front end and I am so interesting in the security feature - do you mean it will use Spring-ACEGI as back-end solution? And will it be a feature for the 1.0 final release?
    If so , when will we can get the 1.0 release estimated?

Comment

Yes, it will use Spring Security 2.x as the back end, and this will be in 1.0 final. We are currently targeting March for a final 1.0 release.

Comment

Roadmap and Security

As I understand from the reference manual, there are at least four features being targeted for future releases. I also understand that there is a desire to wrap all of these up in a March 2009 1.0 release.
        • Spring Security integration
        • BlazeDS Message service integration
        • AMFView support
        • Eliminate dependency on minimal remoting-config.xml
        Can you provides a little more guidance in two areas. First, do you anticipate an M2 or other interim release before 1.0? Second, could you provide any preliminary documentation for the Spring Security support.

Thanks.

Comment

Re: Roadmap and Security

RTFM, I guess. My question was half answered at <http://jira.springframework.org/browse/FLEX?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.proje ct:roadmap-panel>. Godspeed on M2.

Comment

M2 is now out...see the edited top post.

Comment

Hurrah!

Great news. I will download shortly and start migrating my test applications. I look forward to testing the new features.

Comment

Annotations

Are Flex annotations going to make it into the final release? I do like the new condensed xml config, but half of my app is using the annotation based method that is so prevalent with Spring 2.5+.

One thing that would be nice too and I have thought about contributing this back to Spring, but it is nothing special, is to make the Dispatcher Servlet use a servletToBeanName like the filters for Spring Security filterToBeanName does. It is a little confusing to have configuration in Servlet and then configuration in the Listener class. (I realize you can do it all with the Servlet, but I prefer the Listener approach.

Comment

Is there an updated estimated release date for when RC1 will be available? I'm about to start a new flex/blazeds project that will rely on messaging, so just curious from a planning perspective.

Comment

RC1 is available now!

Comment

Awesome. Thanks Jeremy. Great work on this, been using nightly builds to do a ton of things lately. Let me know if I can help.

Comment

Is RC1 available in a Maven repository somewhere?

Comment

Excellent! Reading the changes since M2 I'm very impressed...looking forward trying out the messaging stuff.

Kind regards,

Jochen

Comment

Is there a list of dependencies somewhere for RC1? I'm sure I have things configured wrong but it seems to need the Jackson JSON processor and well as a handful over other jars. I have all the other Spring jars in my classpath but am still getting quite a few runtime errors.

Comment

Originally posted by sebastien View Post
                              Is RC1 available in a Maven repository somewhere?
                              I am looking for this also. Jeremy, could you inform about this situation?

Comment

Working...
                              X