Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
On BlazeDS upgrade: can not convert Flex Date to java.util.Calendar Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On BlazeDS upgrade: can not convert Flex Date to java.util.Calendar

I'm upgrading spring-flex from 1.0.3.RELEASE to 1.5.2.RELEASE, and am running into a weird issue. On a Flex to Java deserialization, I get the following java-side exception when it attempts to convert a Flex Date to a java.util.Calendar:

org.springframework.beans.ConversionNotSupportedEx ception: Failed to convert property value of type 'java.util.Date' to required type 'java.util.Calendar' for property 'startDate'; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot convert value of type [java.util.Date] to required type [java.util.Calendar] for property 'startDate': no matching editors or conversion strategy found

My guess is that as my project uses Hibernate, spring-flex is now discovering hibernate on the classpath and trying to use the Hibernate Converters (I have no Date/Calendar) instead of the old default converters for BlazeDS (which supports flex Date to java.util.Calendar) that were used in spring-flex 1.0.3.RELEASE.

Questions:
    1. I want to totally disable the hibernate features of spring-flex 1.5.2 (basically behave same as 1.0.3). How do I do this? This means it should use the same converters that were used in spring-flex 1.0.3, even though hibernate is on the path.

2. Failing that, how do I train spring-flex 1.5.2 to be able to convert Flex Dates to java.util.Calendar?

Thanks,
    - Brad

Another post answered my question 1 (how to disable features) - see http://forum.springsource.org/showth...zation-support

This worked for me.

Comment

Working...
    X