Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
SpringPropertyProxy in 1.5.2 does not honor ignore-property-errors=true Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpringPropertyProxy in 1.5.2 does not honor ignore-property-errors=true

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade from Spring Flex 1.0.2 to 1.5.2 and found the following issue:

If the getters/setters on the Java Object throw an instance of RuntimeException for e.g. NPE, old BeanProxy checks the "ignore-property-errors" defined on the channel (default = true) and if true ignores the error and moves on.

SpringPropertyProxy however does not seem to check this property and stops the execution if there is an exception from the getter/setter propagating the error to the user stopping the flow.

This is a blocker for the upgrade because we have a big domain model with lots of getters/setters but not all of them requiring serialization. This was not a problem in the old world because AMF serialization happens only for those properties which are defined in the corresponding Action Script objects. But now with SpringPropertyProxy invoking all the getters/setters (I know of @AmfIgnore but it will be a big task to go through the entrie domain model and there are other philosophical questions on whether you want to pollute your domain model with a library required potentially for the UI)

Is it possible to make SpringPropertyProxy respect "ignore-property-errors" (in the interests of backwards compatibility) the way it should/was working in in 1.0 version. Here is how my AMF channel is defined:

<channel-definition id="my-amf"
    class="mx.messaging.channels.AMFChannel">
    <endpoint
    url="http://{server.name}:{server.port}/{context.root}/spring/messagebroker/amf"
    class="flex.messaging.endpoints.AMFEndpoint" />
    <properties>
    <polling-enabled>false</polling-enabled>
    <serialization>
    <ignore-property-errors>true</ignore-property-errors>
    <log-property-errors>true</log-property-errors>
    </serialization>
    </properties>
    </channel-definition>

Thanks,
    Raghu
Working...