Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
future of flex and flex developer post Adobe donating Flex technogy to the Apache Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• future of flex and flex developer post Adobe donating Flex technogy to the Apache

Hi,

Adobe has donated Flex and BlazeDs to apache foundation and its more than 6 months, but I came to know about it recently. This is not a technical question. but I am bit worried and would like to know, what spring community thinks about the future of flex and spring BlazeDS Integration and Java/flex devlopers.

I have made spring BlazeDS Integration as our company standard to develop any new corporate application.
    also we are evaluating technolgies and framework to migrate a legacy application. And my recommendation is Spring BlazeDS Intergartion. Inspite of many positives that SBI has, still our managment is bit concerned and they think of going to J2EE or Spring MVC + JSF.

It is a very big application and if we migrate it, our management thinks that another migartion should not be hapening for atleast next 10 to 12 years minimum.

I am not looking for technical assurance. But from management point of view, they either want to follow standards like J2EE or use spring mvc + JSF.

But considering the descision by Adobe. I would like to know, what spring BlazeDS community view on this.

Hi kannanMugundan,

I feel that you are also aware that nobody can guarantee a technology which will not be expired in the next 10 to 12years. If so, you should not concern about what will happen to SBI. What you need to do is making a story to convince your managers of recommendation. Such as, flash player has been used for a long time, it is very mature ... so that you do not need to migrate all application again even though new technology is developed.

However, I think the problem is that why your company does not choose both Spring MVC + JSF and SBI as standard at the same time? Since they do different things, they cannot replace each other totally.

Comment

Working...
    X