Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Spring Flex 1.5, lazy loading issue with mutual object references Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Flex 1.5, lazy loading issue with mutual object references

I have objects referencing each-other (Country has a regionProvinceSet, RegionProvince has a Country):

Code:
    @RooJavaBean
    @RooToString
    @RooEntity
    public class Country {

private String name;

@OneToMany(cascade = CascadeType.ALL, mappedBy = "country", fetch = FetchType.LAZY)
        private Set<RegionProvince> regionProvinceSet = new HashSet<RegionProvince>();

}

@RooJavaBean
    @RooToString
    @RooEntity(finders = { "findRegionProvincesByCountry" })
    public class RegionProvince {

private String name;

@ManyToOne(fetch = FetchType.EAGER)
    //    @ManyToOne(fetch = FetchType.LAZY) -> tried this as a solution too without success
        private Country country;

}
    On the Flex side, when I load a Country, e.g. Belgium, and thereafter lazily load the the RegionProvince's of Belgium. There is a second country instance created for the country inside the RegionProvince instances. But this is supposed to be the same Belgium object of course.
    (i checked by creating a static counter inside my Country class (on the Flex side) that increments inside the constructor)

I even tried, in Flex, implementing the UID interface and mapping the UID to the id of the Country class. But still a second instance gets created.

Is this normal behavior? If so, what could be best practice here? Manually remapping the value to the original Country instance?

Thanks a whole lot in advance,

Jochen
Working...
X