X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asking before i leap... WebORB

I assume the paradigm is the same for switching from blazeds to WebORB when using Spring Flex - just thought I would ask if this was one of the use case envisioned when developing the Spring Flex framework or is it meant to only be used for Spring and BlazeDS.
    I have seen BlazeDS integration guides "Spring BlazeDS Integration Reference Guide" at http://static.springsource.org/sprin...tml/index.html - but nothing mentioning other frameworks like WebORB, graniteDS, Red5, etc...?

The framework currently is only intended to integrate BlazeDS / LCDS with Spring. I don't know many details about WebORB, so couldn't really tell you how similar using it with Spring might be. The one anecdote I have to share in this regard is that I know of some users who switched to BlazeDS from WebORB specifically because of the first-class Spring support.

Comment

Currently WebORB supports exposing of the Spring objects as remoting services which can be accessed by Flex/Flash/Silverlight/JavaScript/Anroid (native and AIR)/iOS/Windows Phone7 clients. What we do not have yet is the ability to bootstrap the actual server through Spring. This is something we're working on. This has not stopped a number of clients from switching from BlazeDS/LCDS to WebORB for the reason that with WebORB you get RTMP, Data Management, first-class cloud support, superb client code generation and much better performing runtime engine. Btw, the code generation mentioned above is fully applicable to Spring beans as well.

Comment

Working...
      X