X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web Spring performence

Is Spring appropriate framework for large web projects with more than 1.000.000 users ?

Can you please provide some performance assessment, graphics ... ?

We are starting a new social network and trying to minimize risks and convince customer to use Spring.

Spring Framework provide a way for you to integrate varied components together in a flexible architecture. It is just glue of an aeroplane model.

For your case of such large scale, fine tuning is not the top priority. You should focus on infrastructure area such as Hardware, Load-Balancer, Server Configuration ,etc.

Comment

I analyzed http://highscalability.com/ and didn't see a large project built on Spring MVC, Spring Security and JPA. Do you think these technologies have a nice scalability ?

For example while debugging simple Spring MVC (Spring Security, JPA) you can see a tree with depth of more than 60 system methods call (filters, callbacks, ...)

http://oi55.tinypic.com/k20h1z.jpg

Comment

As I said, Spring is a framework for integration. If your case includes various requirements, you should use the related technologies.

For example, you have to build a web application with distributed systems, you may need EJB. Spring supports EJB integration, doesn't it?

or if you do not prefer Spring intergrating EJB, you may just use it in the presentation layer and utilizes proxy to connect to EJB in the backend servers.

If your case is related to the data volume, you should focus on selection of DBMS, and your application code should handle the data efficiently.

If spring integrates with gold, it becomes gold; if it integrates with rubbish, it becomes rubbish. That's my idea.

Comment

Working...
        X