Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SimpleFormController submit handling

Hi,

My class extends SimpleFormController.

If I override "onSubmit" then I can handle a form submission. But if I also override "referenceData", then it appears that "onSubmit" does not get called when a form is submitted.

Is this the case? And how can I achieve what I want: I want to handle form submission, and I also want to generate some "extra data" for populating the form (which I assume is what the "referenceData" method, in conjunction with "formBackingObject", is for?).

Thanks,
    Peter

Hmm, that's really and I mean really strange. I'm using the SimpleFormController all over the place and loads of times, I'm overriding referenceData. My onSubmit() methods always get called...

Comment

Er... hi... sorry, yet again I find I have done something else wrong... in this case it was to do with the fact that I was submitting select-boxes, and the values submitted were not able to be converted to the correct object type. This resulted in an error on my JSP. Now I have found out how to handle select-boxes, and "onSubmit" and "referenceData" work perfectly (of course)!

Peter

Comment

Same issue

I am having same problem. did you find a solution for this?

Thanks,

Comment

Same issue

I am having the same problem. So far no solution.

Comment

Using property editors you can convert the ids of select box to objects.

Comment

Working...
            X