Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return from getJSON() not being handled?

I am attempting to make use of spring 3 ajax with a simple heartbeat checker. In the jsp I have code that makes the following call:

function testHeartBeat()
    { $.getJSON( "myApp/StatusCheck?message=Status",
    function( data ) {
    document.getElementById( "heartbeatStatus" ).value = data.response;});}

The controller which receives this is:

@RequestMapping(value="/StatusCheck", method=RequestMethod.GET )
    public @ResponseBody HeartBeat getHeartbeat( @RequestParam String message )
    { HeartBeat hb = HeartBeat.Transmit( message );
    return ( hb ); }

The getHeartbeat is called and returns back a heartbeat object but the callback function in the javascript never runs apparently. I am using <mvc:annotation-driven /> with spring mvc 3.0.5. What I get back is a 406 error: "The resource identified by this request is only capable of generating responses with characteristics not acceptable according to the request "accept" headers ()."

Make sure you have registered the MappingJacksonHttpMessageConverter.

Code:
    <bean id="jacksonMessageConverter" class="org.springframework.http.converter.json.MappingJacksonHttpMessageConverter"/>

<bean class="org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.annotation.AnnotationMethodHandlerAdapter">
        <property name="messageConverters">
            <list>
                <ref bean="jacksonMessageConverter"/>
            </list>
        </property>
    </bean>

Comment

In the spring-samples the mvc-ajax example, mentioned in the http://blog.springsource.com/2010/01...-in-spring-3-0 blog article the MappingJacksonHttpMessageConverter was not registered. Does the sample not work then?

Comment

According to the documentation, if you have the jackson libraries in the classpath and you use the <mvc:annotation-driven> configuration then it should automatically register the jackson converter for you.

Comment

I made sure that the jackson jar is present (jackson-all-1.7.3.jar) along with <mvc:annotation-driven/> When I spin up the server I get the following:

SEVERE: StandardWrapper.Throwable
          org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExce ption: Error creating bean with name 'org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.annotation.An notationMethodHandlerAdapter#0': Cannot create inner bean '(inner bean)' of type [org.springframework.http.converter.json.MappingJac ksonHttpMessageConverter] while setting bean property 'messageConverters' with key [6]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExce ption: Error creating bean with name '(inner bean)#8': Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationExcepti on: Could not instantiate bean class [org.springframework.http.converter.json.MappingJac ksonHttpMessageConverter]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.VerifyError: (class: org/codehaus/jackson/map/ObjectMapper, method: writeValueAsBytes signature: (Ljava/lang/Object[B) Incompatible argument to function
          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefi nitionValueResolver.resolveInnerBean(BeanDefinitio nValueResolver.java:281)
          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefi nitionValueResolver.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDe finitionValueResolver.java:125)
          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefi nitionValueResolver.resolveManagedList(BeanDefinit ionValueResolver.java:353)
          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefi nitionValueResolver.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDe finitionValueResolver.java:153)
          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyPropertyValues(Abs tractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1325)
          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAu towireCapableBeanFactory.java:1086)
          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAu towireCapableBeanFactory.java:517)
          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAuto wireCapableBeanFactory.java:456)
          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:2 91)
          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultS ingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingleton BeanRegistry.java:222)
          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:288 )
          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:190)
          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultL istableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(Defaul tListableBeanFactory.java:580)
          at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplic ationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(Abstr actApplicationContext.java:895)
          at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplic ationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.ja va:425)
          at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.c reateWebApplicationContext(FrameworkServlet.java:4 42)
          at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.c reateWebApplicationContext(FrameworkServlet.java:4 58)
          at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.i nitWebApplicationContext(FrameworkServlet.java:339 )
          at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.i nitServletBean(FrameworkServlet.java:306)
          at org.springframework.web.servlet.HttpServletBean.in it(HttpServletBean.java:127)
          at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.j ava:212)
          at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServl et(StandardWrapper.java:1173)
          at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate( StandardWrapper.java:809)
          at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invo ke(StandardWrapperValve.java:129)
          at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invo ke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
          at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke( StandardHostValve.java:127)
          at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke (ErrorReportValve.java:102)
          at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invok e(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
          at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.servic e(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)
          at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(H ttp11Processor.java:859)
          at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11Conn ectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:588)
          at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run( JIoEndpoint.java:489)
          at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

I tried to find the error message on google but came up blank.

Comment

Working...
          X