X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Rich Web Application Training

It's been about 3 years since I have done proper web development I am looking to get back into it full swing. Many years ago I took the Core Spring Framework class and understand many of the Spring Concepts. I do understand that there have been many advancements in Web applications since, however need to build my skills quickly to eventually venture out as an independent contractor. I wanted to know if I would be wasting my time taking the Rich Web Applications with Spring Training, or would I be better off going through the Spring Recipes book in great detail?

Personally, I think it's worth the time, PARTICULARLY if you want in-depth knowledge of Spring MVC and/or Web Flow. Each of those two has about a day and a half of coverage, along with some peripheral topics (Spring Javascript, Spring BlazeDS Integration, testing and security, etc.). It's a bit faster paced than Core Spring, but I've found that most people really enjoyed the class and got a lot out of it.

CAVEAT: I used to be the course lead for Rich Web, and I taught it a few dozen times, so I may not be exactly neutral here.

Hope this helps
    - Don

Comment

Don, thanks for the info, this helps and I will be registering for the class. I always want to learn things the correct way to allow me to use to it's full capabilities.

Comment

Working...
      X