Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checking for an incomplete multipart upload?

I've been implementing an upload feature which is driven by a third party applet to provide an easy way to upload multiple files. One thing I have come across is that as the applet has a "Cancel" button, a user can easily stop a post midway through and the Commons resolver will successfully parse the incomplete submission without a murmur. This could very well be because the applet is "tidying up" the interrupted post.

The content-length will of course be wrong, but this doesn't appear to matter to FileUpload.

The result is a set of files with one truncated at the point the cancellation occurred. Obviously I might need to speak with the Applet maintainer, but I was curious if there were servlet solution.

My first thought was comparing the resulting uploaded data against the content-length, but this feels like a very brittle approach. For one thing, content-length != sum of file sizes, but also includes extraneous fields which do not have a rigid format.

What would you reccomend I request the maintainer of the applet do to have a robust method? Perhaps cancel should elicit another get or post which just informs the server of the user event?

Sorry, this is an old post... have you resolved the issue yet? What are you trying to do with the information? Database? Store a picture?

Let me know if you still need help

Steve O

Comment

Working...
    X