Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is the AbstractWizardFormController the way to do it?

I have an applicaton in Struts, and i'm doing a little research to see how it could be done in the spring framework

I have this scenario: Functionality A is divided in a sequence of operations. The first one is showing a form for the user to filter some data. From there it shows a listing (based on the filter). Upon clicking a record from the listing, the details of that record are shown (in a form). I now can update those details.

The application is very big and 99% of the functionalities have a determined flow like the above (although not necessarly involving a form submission at the end). For that reason, in Struts, I'm using a DispatchAction (with a few modifications) to gather all the operations of a functionality.
    Using Spring I have a few doubts how to implement this. At a first glance I thought of MultiAction. This one gathers the operations in a similar way. However, it doesn't have form submission support. Using AbstractWizardFormController seemed the solution, but I don't know if that is the best way of doing it... Because I don't really have a big form divided into
    several pages, has it seems to be the logic for the AbstractWizardFormController. In fact, a few pages may not have a form and in other cases it may need different Command objects for representing the different forms in the functionality.
    How can i solve this with AbstractWizardFormController, or is there a better way ?

Thanks in advance.
    Carlos

With an AbstractWizardFormController, you will be able to pass different object to your form on the referenceData method, depending on the page you want to display. This controller is really usefull, when you want to use the same controller for all the submition page of your workflow.

Comment

Working...
    X