Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
@RequestMapping negated header filters are not evaluated correctly Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @RequestMapping negated header filters are not evaluated correctly

negated header expressions are not evaluated correctly. I have these two controller methods:

Code:
    @RequestMapping(method = RequestMethod.POST, headers="content-type!=application/xml")
    public String create(...) {
    }

@RequestMapping(method = RequestMethod.POST, headers="content-type=application/xml")
    public ResponseEntity<String> create(...) {
    }
    If the content-type header on the request is set to application/xml, the first controller is invoked.

Using a debugger, I've traced this to faulty logic in ServletAnnotationMappingUtils.checkHeaders():
    For the first method, the variable 'found' is true and the variable 'negated' is true for a request with the header "Content-Type: application/xml". However, the check

Code:
    if(!found) {
        return negated;
    }
    causes the enclosing loop to continue, so that the method eventually ends up at the
    Code:
    return true;
    on the last line, causing the wrong result to be returned.

ServletAnnotationMappingUtils.checkHeaders (correctly) also returns true for the second controller method. Control flow then returns to
    Code:
    AnnotationMethodHandlerAdapter$ServletHandlerMethodResolver.resolveHnadlerMethod
    Code:
    RequestSpecificMappingInfoComparator
    and
    Code:
    Collections.sort
    don't change the list of matches, so the first method is incorrectly returned as the controller method.

If I change my controller class and reverse the method definitions, the other create method is chosen. I suspect this bug can be reproduced by reversing the method definition order in
    Code:
    ServletAnnotationControllerTests$NegatedContentTypeHeadersController
    , which should cause
    Code:
    ServletAnnotationControllerTests.negatedContentTypeHeaders
    to fail.

I've re-opened SPR-7346 and added this post as a comment.
Working...
X