Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @RequestParam unable to retrieve array values

Hi,
    I am facing a problem in submitting a simple html form , in which an array of values is being submitted to Spring Controller. In that controller I have following method
    @RequestMapping(method = RequestMethod.GET)
    public String setupForm(@RequestParam(value=TIME_IDS, required=false) Long[] time_ids,...)
    but that is showing my array values in form of comma seperated string values
    i.e (3302,3305,3304) instead of an long array.

Thanks to all.

Based on this thread, You might have to wrap your array as a model attribute.

Another approach would be to use:

Code:
    @RequestParam(value=TIME_IDS, required=false) String time_ids
    then call time_ids.split(",") to parse each value. Kind of hacky, but it's a start.

Comment

I appreciate your reply.How can I wrap an array that is being submitted from a form which is not bound to any model attribute.In my case array is just a request paramter. As far spliting an string to array is over task for the developer. Don't you think when I am giving Long[] type in my argument defintion then spring should convert this for me.

Comment

> How can I wrap an array that is being submitted from a form which is not bound to any model attribute.In my case array is just a request paramter.

If you simply declare the method parameter as a String, it will be effectively wrapped as a comma-separated list of values in a String.

> Don't you think when I am giving Long[] type in my argument defintion then spring should convert this for me.

I don't know if Spring supports this out of the box, but you can certainly make your own PropertyEditor and register it with an @InitBinder annotated method in your controller. See here for more information on custom type binding.

Comment

Thanks jamestatic. I will try this as per your reference.

Comment

Working...
          X