Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• get configured bean from applicationContext

Hi i have configured bean:
    Code:
    <bean class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource" destroy-method="close" id="dataSource">
            <property name="driverClassName" value="${database.driverClassName}"/>
            <property name="url" value="${database.url}"/>
            <property name="username" value="${database.username}"/>
            <property name="password" value="${database.password}"/>
            <property name="validationQuery" value="SELECT 1 FROM DUAL"/>
            <property name="testOnBorrow" value="true"/>
        </bean>
    and I want to get it in my java code. I could create a new jdbc connection but that wouldnt be efficient so I want to use my bean but I just cant get it...

I am using this in my controller:

Code:
    String AppContextPath=projectDeployPath+"/WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/spring/applicationContext.xml";
    			ApplicationContext context=new ClassPathXmlApplicationContext("/"+AppContextPath);
    			BasicDataSource ds=context.getBean("dataSource", BasicDataSource.class);

HashMap<String, Object> map = new HashMap<String, Object>();
    		    map.put("REPORTNAME", "Cool report");

JasperPrint  jasperPrint = JasperFillManager.fillReport(JR, map,ds.getConnection());
    The problem is it dies like this:
    I
    Code:
    OException parsing XML document from class path resource [/Users/kosta/Documents/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.wst.server.core/tmp0/wtpwebapps/xkosteln/WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/spring/applicationContext.xml]; nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource 
    [/Users/kosta/Documents/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.wst.server.core/tmp0/wtpwebapps/xkosteln/WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/spring/applicationContext.xml] cannot be opened because it does not exist
    Well I m just having a hard time accessing the applicationContext.xml file. The funny thing is that I even had to add a "/" in front of my path passed to the constructor otherwise it wouldnt have even a start. So is there any way for me to get the actual info from the applicationContext.xml file?

thanks

Don't do that, unless you want to run out of resources. If you need the bean then simply inject it instead of messing around with the context...

Comment

The error message is straightforward.
      The file is not in that location.
      maybe you need to escape some characters such as "."

by the way, why do not use "@Autowired" to get the bean?

Comment

or maybe the path is too long, sometimes this is a problem.

Comment

As suggested by Marten don't use the datasource this way. Instead inject the datasource into your Controller or handler as follows:

Code:
          <bean id="reportHandler" class="com.sample.reports.JasperReportHandler">
          	<property name="ds">
          		<ref bean="dataSource" />
          	</property>
          </bean>

Comment

Originally posted by tiger.spring View Post
            As suggested by Marten don't use the datasource this way. Instead inject the datasource into your Controller or handler as follows:

Code:
            <bean id="reportHandler" class="com.sample.reports.JasperReportHandler">
            	<property name="ds">
            		<ref bean="dataSource" />
            	</property>
            </bean>
            Sorry for the noob question (just learning this amazing goodness called spring) how do I retrieve this bean after that in my java code? I need to set it as an argument for fillReport function...

Comment

Code:
              public class JasperReportHandler {

private DataSource ds;

public void setDs(DataSource ds) {
              		this.ds = ds;
              	}

//now pass the "ds" in your code where it is needed
              }

Comment

holy crap

Holy crap this is AMAZINGLY EASY!

I love spring! It makes my Java life!

Comment

doesnt work

This is a part of my class creating the report:

private DataSource injectedBeanDataSource;

public DataSource getInjectedBeanDataSource() {
                  return injectedBeanDataSource;
                  }

public void setInjectedBeanDataSource(DataSource injectedBeanDataSource) {
                  this.injectedBeanDataSource = injectedBeanDataSource;
                  System.out.println("setting bean");

}
                  public void createReport (){

this.getInjectedBeanDataSource().getConnection();
                  }

=> every single time when or IF i use the injectedBeanDataSource property in my code it dies without any error it just dies (like this:- there is no exception message there is just the line where I used the property
                  I know that the bean gets set ok (It wrote a debug msg to terminal)

cz.edu.mub.pef.ja.xkosteln.ireport.NarozeninyRepor t.createReport(NarozeninyReport.java:54)
                  cz.edu.mub.pef.ja.xkosteln.controller.JasperReport Controller.createreport(JasperReportController.jav a:30)
                  sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
                  sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
                  sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                  java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
                  org.springframework.web.bind.annotation.support.Ha ndlerMethodInvoker.invokeHandlerMethod(HandlerMeth odInvoker.java:176)
                  org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.annotation.Ann otationMethodHandlerAdapter.invokeHandlerMethod(An notationMethodHandlerAdapter.java:426)
                  org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.annotation.Ann otationMethodHandlerAdapter.handle(AnnotationMetho dHandlerAdapter.java:414)
                  org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet. doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:790)
                  org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet. doService(DispatcherServlet.java:719)
                  org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.p rocessRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:644)

I set the bean exactly as described in webmvc-config.xml ... What am I missing? Is there any annotation that I need to use? I dont think so. I am absolutely sure the bean gets set, I have no idea why it dies then tho...

any help is MUCH appreciated!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X