X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no i18n resource in jasper subreport

I'm using Jasper reports following the instructions in the Spring manual, including using a subreport. However, when the report is generated the i18n messages ($R{foo}) show "NULL" in the subreport. Is this a common problem? How can this be resolved?

Thanks for any ideas!

After 6 days, I determined that the problem was related to Jasper reports and not the Spring environment. In case anyone else runs into the same issue, the following code needs to be added to the <subreport> element:

Code:
    <subreportParameter  name="REPORT_RESOURCE_BUNDLE">
    <subreportParameterExpression><!&#91;CDATA&#91;$P&#123;REPORT_RESOURCE_BUNDLE&#125;&#93;&#93;></subreportParameterExpression>                                                                        
    </subreportParameter>

Comment

Thanks!

Awesome .... saved me great headaches! Thanks for posting your solution.

Originally posted by bz3x View Post
      After 6 days, I determined that the problem was related to Jasper reports and not the Spring environment. In case anyone else runs into the same issue, the following code needs to be added to the <subreport> element:

Code:
      <subreportParameter  name="REPORT_RESOURCE_BUNDLE">
      <subreportParameterExpression><![CDATA[$P{REPORT_RESOURCE_BUNDLE}]]></subreportParameterExpression>                                                                        
      </subreportParameter>

Comment

Working...
      X