Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MessageSource for Configuration properties - Best Practise?

Hi

Im working on a multi-war application and we have some configuration in property files eg. paths to resources such as other property files, JSP fragments etc.

Our current solution for doing property file lookups does not use Spring's supporting functionality such as ReloadableResourceBundleMessageSource, so I am planning to start using it.

What I want to know are people's thoughts on where configuration data such as paths to resources outside the web application should be. Im conscious of the fact that Spring's MessageSource was designed for looking up static labels etc, especially where internationalization support is required.

So is it OK to use MessageSource to manage resource bundles with configuration data in or would it be poor practise? ie. shouldt it be used just for lokng up mesages? In which case what are generally accepted 'best' approaches to managing configuration data in a J2EE web app? I dont think configuration data such as paths to such things as JSP fragments should be in a DB so where to put it? If many beans use this information then its probably not best practise to inject it into each of them either.
Working...
X