X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• View layer

I am currently using JSP with JTSL for the view layer. However I have noticed that opening the jsp directly with the browser and HTML editors, that it does not render (eg. get stuff like " method="post" > appearing in the page).

Zope has page templating for HTML (TALES) that uses custom attributes on standard HTML tags. It works nicely with HTML browsers and editors. It also lets you have dummy data.

Is there anything like this for J2EE?

There are some plugins for Dreamweaver I think that might do the trick. I prefer to work in Eclipse with a Tomcat plugin and edit my JSPs in Eclipse.

When dealing with HTML programmers, I usually try to teach them JSP as well. Most of them don't like wysiwyg stuff anyway

Comment

Yeah, I edit HTML markup directly. But you have to use Tomcat (or some other servlet container) to see how the changes affect the page. No big deal for me, but means HTML programmers have to install Java and Servlet/JSP container. Also means a lot of HTML tools do not work.

Comment

Tapestry has what you're looking for. Standard HTML markup with some custom attributes to hook in dynamic data. Tapestry also easily integrates with Spring.

Comment

Working...
        X