Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Spring The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect

Is there something wrong with this URL???

Code:
    http://localhost:8080/rcmi/provisioner/requests/scoa/newscoa?delCh=606&location=3411&future1=&future2=&department=&product=&interconnect=&carrierBillingAccount=&amount=12312&percentage=12313&active=Active&scoaid=1
    Here is my method in controller

Code:
    @RequestMapping(value="order/scoa/newscoa", method=RequestMethod.GET)
    	public @ResponseBody JSONResp updateScoa(@ModelAttribute("form") OrderForm form, ModelMap map,
    			@RequestParam String comapny,
    			@RequestParam String  delCh,
    			@RequestParam String  location,
    			@RequestParam String  future1,
    	        @RequestParam String  future2,
    	        @RequestParam String  department,
    	        @RequestParam String  product,
    	        @RequestParam String  interconnect,
    	        @RequestParam String  carrierBillingAccount,
    	        @RequestParam double  amount,
    	        @RequestParam double  percentage,
    	        @RequestParam String  active,
    	        @RequestParam int    scoaid) {

JSONResp jr = new JSONResp();
    		return jr;
    	}
    Last edited by romsan; Nov 14th, 2010, 11:45 AM.

Found a typo..... which cost me 3-4 hours........to find out.

Comment

Could you tell us how you fixed that? I'm having the same problem. Thanks.

Comment

Code:
        @RequestMapping(value="order/scoa/newscoa", method=RequestMethod.GET)
        	public @ResponseBody JSONResp updateScoa(@ModelAttribute("form") OrderForm form, ModelMap map,
        			@RequestParam String comapny,
        Your request is URL is http://localhost:8080/rcmi/provisioner/requests/scoa/newscoa

But the mapping is:
        order/scoa/newscoa

Also, comapny could be a spelling error. Instead, maybe you're expecting company

Comment

Beware

also can happen if you define @RequestParam("bla")String bla, but no parameter send by request

Comment

Old thread, I know, but what's the best way to intercept that error and display something more informational to the end user if the link doesn't have the correct parameters?

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxLars View Post
              Old thread, I know, but what's the best way to intercept that error and display something more informational to the end user if the link doesn't have the correct parameters?
              Well I have redefined most of my request mapping with genereal getAttribute or getParameter, or made sure needed parameters are always sent. I think if my memory doesn't betray me you can define something like required=false

you can then check null or use validator and then redirect to specific url request of your wish.

Comment

Makes sense for internals. Should have been more specific: if there's an external link, say, on a blog or a business card, that you want to handle, and the blog link or the user doesn't enter all the parameters - the end user gets a pretty ugly error. Wondering how best to handle that.

Comment

Handling invalid @RequestParam input

Catch TypeMismatchException to deal with bad parameters and MissingServletRequestParameterException to deal with invalid/missing parameters (when required != false). For example,

Code:
                      @ExceptionHandler(TypeMismatchException.class)
                      public ModelAndView handleTypeMismatchException(TypeMismatchException ex, HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse resp) {
                          log.debug("Parameter failure: {}", ex.getRootCause().getLocalizedMessage());
                          log.debug("Invalid value is: {}", ex.getValue());
                          log.debug("Required type is: {}", ex.getRequiredType().getSimpleName());
                          // Return something reasonable to the end user.
                      }

// Throws TypeMismatchException if you call /label/xyz
                      @RequestMapping(value = "/label/{labelId}", method = RequestMethod.GET)
                      public String getLabel(@PathVariable("labelId") int labelId, ModelMap model) {
                      }

// Throws TypeMismatchException if you call /?userId=xyz or /?labelId=xyz
                      @RequestMapping(value = {"/"}, method = RequestMethod.GET)
                      public String getAll(
                              @RequestParam(value="userId", required=false) Integer userId,
                              @RequestParam(value="labelId", required=false) Integer labelId,
                              ModelMap model) throws ApiException {
                      }
                  The thing that I don't like about this is that there doesn't seem to be a way to discern which RequestParam has failed: in the OP's example s/he has 13 parameters. Does anyone know a way to deal with this nicely?

Another option is to use @ModelAttribute with an object and interrogate the BindingResult to find the errors. This is nice because you can easily get the incorrect name/value, but at the expense of creating a DTO you might not otherwise need.

Code:
                      @RequestMapping(value="search", method= RequestMethod.GET)
                      public String getSearch(@ModelAttribute("form") SourceBundleRequest form, BindingResult result, ModelMap model) {
                          if (result.hasErrors()) {
                              List<String> fieldErrors = new ArrayList<String>();
                              for (FieldError f : result.getFieldErrors()) {
                                  fieldErrors.add(f.getField() + "=" + f.getRejectedValue().toString());
                                  log.debug("BindingFailure: {} = {}", new Object[] { f.getField(), f.getRejectedValue() });
                              }
                              // deal with the invalid input
                          }
                      }

Comment

Working...
                  X