Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember search criteria without manual session handling

Hello,

I'm looking for a method to remember search criteria from a search form without handling this in a session manually.

I have a form with several search criteria to fill out. After filling out this form a user can perform a search and get results based on his criteria. On the results page is a button 'As CSV' - with this button the user should be able to download the same search result as CSV without reentering the search criteria in a form.

How would you do that? Is there a convenient method w/o handling the form criteria in a session manually?

Best,
    Oliver

You could use an AbstractWizardFormController for search pages, with the first page(s) being the search criteria, and the last page being the search result.

By default wizard controllers store state in session so criteria would be available on the results page.

Comment

Originally posted by gmatthews
      You could use an AbstractWizardFormController for search pages, with the first page(s) being the search criteria, and the last page being the search result.

By default wizard controllers store state in session so criteria would be available on the results page.
      Thanks for your tip. I'll give it a spin ;-)

Comment

Working...
      X