Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reloading servlet.xml handler mappings on the fly?

Hi,

Is there a method by which changes to the frontcontroller-servlet.xml (containing handler mappings to controllers) can be reloaded on the fly without removing current mappings until it's fully reloaded?

Many thanks.

Not sure, but why are you doing this (just out of interest )?

Comment

we have created a spring driven framework that many current ASP sites will be migrated to. unlike the ASP sites which are all separate, the spring framework we have developed will run all sites from the same code base.

because we work with marketing a lot, we often get asked to create new forms for registration of events, reports, products, whatever .. people sign up to stuff.

we use spring for form handling (validators, simpleformcontroller) but we've abstracted the notion of a form to such an extent that we have just one form controller, one validator, and our form itself in the configurable side, i.e JSP sends hidden fields for configuring the validation etc..

therefore we have a situation where we have a set of classes that handle all forms going forward.

so when marketing now come and say, we want a new form today, and it's gonna be at http://www.comp.com/register/demo2.htm in th new framework, we have to map this URL to the form controller and then restart the whole application.

i suppose we *could* just create a mapping /register/* but I wanted to see if dynamic update of beans was possible.

thanks.

Comment

Can you not stage Apache in front of it and have Apache redirect to your central controller?

To be honest, if it were me, I would be worried by trying to implement one controller, one validator etc. I would also be *very* concerned about letting the JSP have that much control of what to do.

Sounds like an MVC1 implemented using MVC2 technology

Comment

Working...
        X